What happens when people actually start believing in FSM?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: What happens when people actually start believing in FSM?

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:36 am

Are you sure he didn't mean Atomic Kittehs?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Scott the Pirate on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:20 pm

I like the Atomic Kittehs already! :lech:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Captain Spork on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 pm

We should all reproduce and start a massive human experiment on our children; raise them to believe in the FSM like children are raised to believe in a christian god. Buy a plot of land someplace warm on the coast and start a massive Pastafarian cult! :scientist:
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. ---Robert Bloch

Those who forget the pasta are condemed to reheat it.
Captain Spork
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Scott the Pirate on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 pm

See, the thing is, we don't like making our kids suffer needlessly. Watch Jesus Camp...
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Captain Spork wrote:We should all reproduce and start a massive human experiment on our children; raise them to believe in the FSM like children are raised to believe in a christian god. Buy a plot of land someplace warm on the coast and start a massive Pastafarian cult! :scientist:

I think everyone here believes I've reproduced quite enough already, thanks! :lol:

Indoctrination is easy. All I do is feed my offspring pasta several times a week, have plenty of Pirate gear and the gospel lying around - and tell them they aren't allowed to believe in the FSM until they are grown up. :evilgrin:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Dudeman55556 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 am

Captain Spork wrote:We should all reproduce and start a massive human experiment on our children; raise them to believe in the FSM like children are raised to believe in a christian god. Buy a plot of land someplace warm on the coast and start a massive Pastafarian cult! :scientist:

I guess, although I suspect some people would be more interested in reproducing than in the experiment.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Scott the Pirate on Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Not reproducing, just practicing....

Where's El?

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Angry_Santa on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:10 am

When that happens you will see pirates in nice sunday suits knocking your door at 5am asking you if you have found noodles yet.
Angry_Santa
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:17 am

Angry_Santa wrote:When that happens you will see pirates in nice sunday suits knocking your door at 5am asking you if you have found noodles yet.

Noodles and grog!
:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant.
Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby sky lukewarmer on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 am

there does seem to be a sort of inate gulability in the human psyce that prediposes humans to look for something to worship(the cult of celebrity springs to mind) so if they must have a deity then it may as well be His Noodliness. They must have had their sense of irony surgically removed though if they dont get this site, probably the sort of person who thinks that a stone age middle eastern who was killed by the tourists from Italy two thousand years ago has any relevance today.
solve the worlds problems make the hungry eat the homeless: just call me Godfree.
sky lukewarmer

Postby Scott the Pirate on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

It's more of a "Group Selection, Kin Selection, Altruism, and Cohesion" thing than "gullibility", but yeah to the rest.
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby robotulism on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 am

I've got the land, if you've got the noodles.

'Cept I don't think we'll have to push the FSM on children. I have a feeling they'll be followers without being force-fed.

Ah ha, force fed. That was an accident!
robotulism

Postby robotulism on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 am

Roy Hunter wrote:Are you sure he didn't mean Atomic Kittehs?

Someone's stolen major portions of those poor ladies' shirts!

Alert the authorities!
robotulism

Postby Scott the Pirate on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 pm

No! Let the crime spree continue!
Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Helene Potier on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:33 am

no, robotulism's right. alert the authorities, definitely, before they die of the cold. with all their money, youd think they'd be able to afford a whole outfit each, instead of splitting one between the three of them.
And Cloister spake: "Lo, I shall lead you to Fuschal, and there we shall open a temple of food, wherein shall be sausages and savoury doughnuts and all manner of bountiful things. Yea, even individual sachets of mustard. And those who serve shall wear hats of great majesty, yea, though they be made of coloured cardboard and have humorous arrows through the top."

Red Dwarf, Series 1, Waiting for God.
Helene Potier

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM