Halloween costumes

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Halloween costumes

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:08 pm

There are some advantages having a huge head. :lech:
I can see that ending up in QOC

Seriously, the short term memory will serve you well when your woman askes you, "DId you remember to take the trash out?"

What can she say when you say no?

As for the drinking and swearing.
I have the same problem.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby LibraLabRat on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:10 pm

French, Romanian, and various other mixtures...no Scottish. I do have a propensity for headbutting in fights, so maybe there is some in there somewhere.
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

LibraLabRat wrote:...no Scottish. I do have a propensity for headbutting in fights, so maybe there is some in there somewhere.

Or you are part goat…  :lech:
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby LibraLabRat on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Just from the legs down.........:D
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby TwistedSister on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Should have gone for horse on that one LLR. Goats are kinda small in that area.
TwistedSister

Postby LibraLabRat on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 am

That is a discussion that will rapidly degenerate into innuendo and double entendre....
-James Morrow
LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby Edd on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:49 pm

You mean it hasn't already?
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby bacon on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 am

i wasn't planning on dressing up for halloween - but i decided to have a halloween avatar

sorry el - but couldn't resist with all of the creepy rabbits
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........
bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby Clifford on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:01 am

the number of parties going on means there are a variety of costumes to have a go at ...

1. Pirate (obviously)
2. Zombie (lots of random people talk to you when you're dressed as a zombie, interesting)
3. A character from the Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. The Kool Aid guy
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:30 pm

My Halloween costume stinks!
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 pm

For those who haven't figured out what this message board halloween costume is (from the "what happens when people start believing in FSM" thread), it's the Giant Garbage Can, from Moraffware's (now called Software Diversions) MSDOS roguelike, "Dungeons of the Unforgiven", whose description line is "WHAT AN ANNOYING MONSTER..." I hope to make a cuddly one some day. Now to put back my Jolly Roger.

Today I dressed in my pirate regalia, and handed out candy and ramen noodles to the trick-or-treating children, in an attempt to spread the joy of the gift that our Noodly Lord the FSM has given us. I thought I'd get a lot of groans, but the noodles were actually very popular. I got several cries of "Oh boy! NOODLES!", and one pair of girls, who I believe to be midgits as they were very short and stocky but with deep older-teenage voices, became very excited when they received the noodles. They were the only ones I mentioned the FSM to, saying "May ye be touched by the Flying Spaghetti Monster!" as they left. I believe the presence of the midgits at my door was a sign from the FSM that he was pleased with what I was doing.

Overall, it was enjoyable.

Praises be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, sauce be upon him! ARRRGH!

RAmen!
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:22 pm

Well, it wasn't exactly exciting, as there were exactly ZERO trick-or-treaters and decorated houses in our area. But a friend dressed as a witch, her younger son as a wizard, I dressed as a White Woman, one twin put on a pirate flag as a cape and the other put piratey head-band-bobbles on the dog and we did a little circuit of the neighbourhood at about 10pm. Well, my friend and I only went a few hundred yards as neither of us can walk far and left the boys and the houndette of the Baskervilles to do the rest by themselves!
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:15 pm

My neighborhood isn't exactly Halloween Heaven either. The couple next door and the couple across the street from them give out candy to the little monsters, but on our side next is us (no candy, scary dark big loomy old house), vacant house, vacant house, ancient lady (probable witch) house, vacant house. Across the street it was Not Home People, vacant house, vacant house, loud scary barky dogs house.... you get the idea. If I could have turned out several of the street lights, I would have.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby Ubi Dubium on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:47 am

We had so many trick-or treaters that we ran out of candy. We live in a townhouse development, so there are a LOT of children. The people who live to either side of us are childless, but both houses had amazing displays. The two guys on one side had a fog machine, and a witch hanging on the door that cackled and talked. The other neighbor had set up a graveyard, with a rock that Mwa-ha-ha'ed and a skull that played very loud ominous music. There was also an older kid in a very good costume including a skelatal monster-y mask that was chasing down the kids, and making them scream very loudly. Quite entertaining. The rain only dampened the festivities a little.

(ET+4)
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 pm

I didn't decorate or anything for Halloween being we don't get trick or treaters here, but I did make a scarecrow and a pirate pumpkin for up at the store.
I was going to post pix this weekend but I forgot to.
TwistedSister

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM