Truth about X-mass

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Truth about X-mass

Postby AUSloth on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:45 pm

I have had a revelation and I can only assume the FSM has touched me with his noodly appendage. While sitting down with friends to a few tankards of brown frothy synaptic enhancer and a pasta salad for X-myth lunch I realised the true origin of the season.

Many centuries ago before global warming when the pirate life style was more prevalent there was always the mid-winter lull in boat traffic. With nothing to raid many pirate ships began to gather and raft up around the winter solstice to swap stories, get drunk, fight, tattoo treasure maps on the back of the cabin boys and generally refine the pirate kills for the next season. Although sailing skills were critical to their livelihoods literacy was not all that highly regarded so the charts to find the mass meet were often only marked with an X

A consequence of this banding of pirates was that a temporary flock of ships parrots came into existence and as everyone who has lived with these little flying dinosaurs knows they have scant regard for where their scat may fall! (With the exception of their nests –one of nature’s great lessons). This led to a rain of little squishy pellets on the meet or melee depending on your point of view. This was not seen as particularly bad since most of the pirates in the era were not born on the sea but into the rural communities of a much more agrarian age and escaped to sea. So these less technological brigands probably had a better appreciation of natural fertilizers and really bad rum than many of us today. In fact it was certain that a great many saw the pellets as a gift from nature.

Which brings me back to the present. As with any meal at our place we have to share with my free range parrot Russell (a cockatiel named in honour of Russell Crowe as it’s an egocentric girl with the same IQ as most Hollywood celebrities). She is a fiend for pasta and gets a little bowl to herself. After which she will fly to her perch and proceed to clean and preen for hours with special attention to her claws. Assiduously working up and down each toe and claw, leaving a pristine and sanitary appendage.

Now for the REVELATION. Hundreds of years ago before the upstart johnny-come-lately x-tian churches co-opted and distorted the event for their own mercenary and fiscal ends there was a great party called X-MASS celebrated at the WINTER SOLSTICE during which some quite SANITARY CLAWS flew above distributing GIFTS to all!!!

RAMEN
AUSloth
Ziti Zealot

Re: Truth about X-mass

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Presumably it was dubbed X-Mass because (as mentioned) the X of the buried treasure, and Mass because of the Mass gathering

As the lull in boat traffic coincided with Holiday it could explain hence why Xmas falls squarely in our Pastafarian festival. Does this fit or have I just had too much gog today?

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I just assumed that the church hijacked an X-Men festival.
Cardinal Fang wrote:Does this fit or have I just had too much gog today?
Definitely too much gog. :wink:
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Ubi Dubius on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:I just assumed that the church hijacked an X-Men festival.
Cardinal Fang wrote:Does this fit or have I just had too much gog today?
Definitely almost enough gog. :wink:

Fixed.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal
Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby AUSloth on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:10 am

@ Cardinal Fang - you are spot on.
and it was only an excess of gog that let me shamelessly make the bad Sanitary Claws pun
AUSloth
Ziti Zealot

Return to All Things FSM