Gluten Free Pasta(farians)

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Gluten Free Pasta(farians)

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:31 pm

My approach to militant vegetarians/vegans (only the evangelical ones; some of my friends yadda yadda) is twofold.

First, I joke that if I were to be reincarnated as a foodstuff I would rather be a lamb than a lettuce, because at least I'd not be eaten alive.

Then I get serious and ask what foodstuff would replace the sheep that currently graze on all the areas where only grass will grow? And are they happy that total vegetarianism worldwide would lead to the extinction of all the species and varieties that we currently eat, and therefore whose populations we manage, because they would become competitors?

I have no objection to anyone eating whatever they like, as long as their dietary restrictions aren't imposed on anyone else. I don't eat a lot of meat as it irritates my gut; ditto grains, particularly gluten-containing ones. For red meat, I prefer kangaroo to beef. I think it tastes nicer; plus roos need far less food than cows because they have different intestinal flora which generate acetate (digestible) instead of methane (a major greenhouse gas). They also don't have hooves to destroy the paddocks. So they are environmentally friendly!

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Arkaeon on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:15 am

When assaulted by vegeterrorists, I just let them believe that if they take away my cows, they're next on the menu. A few surprisingly subtle hints, grins, and expressions peppered into the conversation frighten them back into the "hot dogs are made gross" state of pro-choice/passive vegetarianism, at least around me. Metabolically, some people are better off with light/no meat in their diet, but not all. Anyone who wants to swear off porterhaus steaks to keep the price down is doing me a favor.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai
Arkaeon
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Man, Myth or Legend on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:36 pm

I only want to ban healthy food. :lol:
Man, Myth or Legend
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cardinal Fang on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm

The girlfriend of a friend is on an "alkylising diet" (she is into every variety of woo). According to her an acid environment in the body is the root of all disease and therefore one should only eat "alkaline" foods (never mind that the body likes the internal pH just so, and had a very good regulatory mechanism to keep it so). Her best one was that she couldn't eat the toffee apples I made for bonfire night because refined sugars are "acid". If I'd left the apple as is, that would have been okay, because according to her, apples aren't acidic... :facewall:

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby pieces o'nine on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 pm

^ The only correct response is, "Yay! More toffee apples for me!!!" :haha:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:28 am

I haven't had a toffee apple in years. :cry:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PKMKII on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:The girlfriend of a friend is on an "alkylising diet" (she is into every variety of woo). According to her an acid environment in the body is the root of all disease and therefore one should only eat "alkaline" foods (never mind that the body likes the internal pH just so, and had a very good regulatory mechanism to keep it so). Her best one was that she couldn't eat the toffee apples I made for bonfire night because refined sugars are "acid". If I'd left the apple as is, that would have been okay, because according to her, apples aren't acidic... :facewall:

CF

I think I saw a video on this once. The summary of it was "eat more fruits, veggies, lean proteins and unrefined/unprocessed goods, eat less fat, processed stuff and refined carbs." Which, regardless of the validity of the pH balance argument, is a good eating plan.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby daftbeaker on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

PKMKII wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:The girlfriend of a friend is on an "alkylising diet" (she is into every variety of woo). According to her an acid environment in the body is the root of all disease and therefore one should only eat "alkaline" foods (never mind that the body likes the internal pH just so, and had a very good regulatory mechanism to keep it so). Her best one was that she couldn't eat the toffee apples I made for bonfire night because refined sugars are "acid". If I'd left the apple as is, that would have been okay, because according to her, apples aren't acidic... :facewall:

CF

I think I saw a video on this once. The summary of it was "eat more fruits, veggies, lean proteins and unrefined/unprocessed goods, eat less fat, processed stuff and refined carbs." Which, regardless of the validity of the pH balance argument, is a good eating plan.

It's a major part of the daftbeaker weight loss plan:
1 - Eat less crap.
2 - Do more exercise :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:16 pm

daftbeaker wrote:It's a major part of the daftbeaker weight loss plan:
1 - Eat less crap.

It's so crazy...it just might work.
pieces o'nine

Postby gronank on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:41 pm

pieces o'nine wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:It's a major part of the daftbeaker weight loss plan:
1 - Eat less crap.

It's so crazy...it just might work.

Things are rarely just cazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.
gronank
Lord of Linguini

Postby pieces o'nine on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Are you implying that you doubt the empirical evidence for daft's scheme? :haha:
pieces o'nine

Postby skyweir on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 am

Yep. It'll never catch on.
Vasco Pyjama asked Mr Curly: What is worth doing and what is worth having? Mr Curly replied: It is worth doing nothing and having a rest.
-- The Curly-Pyjama Letters
skyweir
Fusilli Fuselier

Previous

Return to All Things FSM