FSM Sightings on the Internet

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby afteryoudieyoucrpyourself on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:19 pm

I know but it was worth it *Looks at new posts*
Pastafarienism is as great as Blackbeards armpits were smelly
afteryoudieyoucrpyourself
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Duke on Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:06 pm

http://tinyurl.com/bzffw

What is up with their image?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Alpaca on Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:21 pm

I assume it's a hand-created interpretation. Creative, I guess, but somewhat disturbing.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Duke on Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Yeah, I am wondering........... :?

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby StephyMerirosvo on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:00 am

I don't like this one He/She looks bad on that picture... :?
StephyMerirosvo
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:59 am

I think it was just total improvisation.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:01 pm

Well, the wings, for one thing...

The author also seems to be inacurate on several FSM ideas, such as our ideas of Heaven and Hell.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:36 pm

MySpace info? People these days.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby teripie on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:50 am

Good article here about a convert who has an FSM billborad on the side of his house.
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.c ... lnews&om=1
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby Duke on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:29 am

That person is my hero.

I need one of those billboards.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby deftspyder on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:06 pm

Duke wrote:MySpace info? People these days.
Duke
I couldn't figure out which article you're referencing in this thread, I'd like to see if it was my profile on Myspace, as i believe it is the biggest FSM one with about 2500 friends, and I do take alot of liberties.

i say that because I might be willing to clean it up, if someone would like to kindly proof read. I make alot of jokes and asides though, may piss off some people.
deftspyder
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:24 pm

If you want reliable information on the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and you would like to correct mistakes you may have made in your FSM page on Myspace, you are in the right place.

I could proof-read the FSM information, or one of the others around this forum. The best canidate for this job is Auntie Dee Dee, but she is a very busy Auntie. If I get the go ahead from an Admin, I would be glad to proof it for you.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Alpaca on Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:26 pm

Go ahead, Duke.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Alpaca on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:39 am

Which reminds me... some of that stuff ain't easy on the browser. If you're gonna represent us on MySpace, consider making your CSS conform to accessibility standards.

And the autoplaying music is annoying, in my humble opinion.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby deftspyder on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 am

Yeah, not really looking for browser compatibility, mostly because the ratio/audience on myspace is -extremely- IE based, and to go through all the CSS would just be time consuming... I'd imagine the audience here is skewed more towards mac and open source, so there may be a little clash :(

The autoplaying music actually is commented on as "really making the site" by several of the messages I get, so I think I'll leave that part as well :)

I have some things that are meant to be jokes to younger people, like saying he will abolish all emo, which is a popular joke right now... but I know at least one person here said that was a liberty that isn't necessarily true of the FSM. In that, i take a liberty to attract an audience. The blog actually plays like the FSM as well, as if he is blogging.

I'm playing a character, much like the "jesus show" does on radio. I may have opened up a can of worms opening myself up to crticism here of all places :) ... but I hope as we go forward I hope everyone sees im trying to spread the word with a sense of humor and a common sense message.
deftspyder
Ziti Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to All Things FSM