Ministership

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Ministership

Postby Aclor79 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

What does being a minister entail in terms of responsibilities and powers/privileges? Also, can minors be ministers?
Praise be to The Sauced And Noodly One, and may your cheese never be from a green cardboard can. R'amen.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: Ministership

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 pm

AFAIK, there is no reason why a minor cannot become a minister. If you've got the $20, you can buy the certificate. There are no real powers, and no real responsibilities, but remember: with great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman's uncle said that, and he would know. As to being a minister, read the Gospel, learn the eight 'I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts', and try to live your life and preach accordingly. Dress like a pirate if you want. Eat pasta. Take Fridays off.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Aclor79 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

Roy Hunter wrote:AFAIK, there is no reason why a minor cannot become a minister. If you've got the $20, you can buy the certificate. There are no real powers, and no real responsibilities, but remember: with great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman's uncle said that, and he would know. As to being a minister, read the Gospel, learn the eight 'I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts', and try to live your life and preach accordingly. Dress like a pirate if you want. Eat pasta. Take Fridays off.

So it's $20 for a useless piece of paper?
The Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote:Hey, try not to buy too much useless crap, okay?

:confused:
Praise be to The Sauced And Noodly One, and may your cheese never be from a green cardboard can. R'amen.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 am

Aclor79 wrote:So it's $20 for a useful piece of paper?
FTFY
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Aclor79 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
Aclor79 wrote:So it's $20 for a useful piece of paper?
FTFY

But it is useless.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Roy Hunter on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

Maybe you find it useless, but I am going to get great mileage out of mine (when I eventually get round to ordering one). It adds credibility to your arguments, it shows that Pastafarianism is more than just an internet meme, and it really pisses people from so-called 'proper' religions off. That's worth my $20 any day.
Roy Hunter

Postby Aclor79 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:Maybe you find it useless, but I am going to get great mileage out of mine (when I eventually get round to ordering one). It adds credibility to your arguments, it shows that Pastafarianism is more than just an internet meme, and it really pisses people from so-called 'proper' religions off. That's worth my $20 any day.

Good point.
Aclor79
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 am

Actually, in california, those papers grant you the ability to marry. I did some checking and there's no listing service or whatever for these things. So, yes, those $20 can actually DO something.
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby josephstoodley on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm

hey guys.. um i was just wondering what title you call yourselves who preach? is it reverend, or.. what?
josephstoodley
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cap'n Tedward on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 pm

That's under some forms of debate. I go by Captain, 'cuz I have a small crew and I marry people at Burning Man. Irrevernd seems popular, As is Monister. but the short and long of it is... call yerself whatever ye like.
@-->----
Cap'n Tedward
Pirates of the Red Swan
Cap'n Tedward
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby clh_hilary on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:50 am

I also had emailed my Immigration Department concerning the right to perform weddings. If they said Pastafarian ministers are allowed to perform weddings in Hong Kong, I sure am giving my $30 away.
Don't make me sad, don't make me cry.
clh_hilary
Ziti Zealot

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Yarr chilly , gibbon weigh furdy is ye? Oil PM ye postill struckshuns.
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby clh_hilary on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Yarr chilly , gibbon weigh furdy is ye? Oil PM ye postill struckshuns.

(I'm ashamed to request this but could you write this in simple English )
clh_hilary
Ziti Zealot

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:37 am

clh_hilary wrote:
Mad Willyum Bonney wrote:Yarr chilly , gibbon weigh furdy is ye? Oil PM ye postill struckshuns.

No. He can't. That's Mad Will being at his most intelligible, seeing as he's after something from you.

Apparently you are giving away $30 (gibbon weigh furdy).

He will use the forum's Private Message system (Oil PM ye) his address to send the cash (postill struckshuns).

You probably need to go and check out Newbie Pirates. Larn yursel tar speek pruparrr.
Roy Hunter

Postby clh_hilary on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
clh_hilary wrote:

No. He can't. That's Mad Will being at his most intelligible, seeing as he's after something from you.

Apparently you are giving away $30 (gibbon weigh furdy).

He will use the forum's Private Message system (Oil PM ye) his address to send the cash (postill struckshuns).

You probably need to go and check out Newbie Pirates. Larn yursel tar speek pruparrr.

That line was too difficult for me to comprehend :blush:

I'm still waiting for my immigration department to respond though.
clh_hilary
Ziti Zealot

Next

Return to All Things FSM