Official Clergy Recognition Certificates

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Official Clergy Recognition Certificates

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Would there be any interest in having an official unofficial certificate recognizing a clergy?

Here's a sample of what the certificate would look like:

Due to our flimsy standards as a Church, one must remember that these are strictly officially unofficial. If you want, however, to parade around telling everybody it's official, I'm not going to stop you.

BUT I believe that a few standards should be met before a certificate is granted:

• The church name must include some legitimate area (whether you want this to be your city, county, street, state, whatever)
    Note: This does not mean I want your address. Suppose you included your street name, well how the heck do I know where this is. Your privacy doesn't go down the drain.
  • The name should have something to do with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Pastafarianism, or some kind of CotFSM-related term
  • Cannot be blatantly profane
    Note: This doesn't mean I don't think you can have a naughty acronym. I just don't want the name itself saying something distasteful.
  • By submitting a request for a certificate, you affirm that at least one person (perhaps this person is you) in the given area considers himself/herself/zirself/itself to be a Pastafarian

If you want to submit a request, just reply on here with a church name and the following statement "I hereby affirm that at least one person in the area specified in the submitted congregational name considers himself/herself to be a Pastafarian."

What do people think? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Interest?
Pastafarian Doctoral Dissertation: Accepted

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Ghettisis (CH 1-10 complete)
He Who is a Servant of FSM
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian
Confusion Analects: Book I

~~~~~Qapla', sak-khet, saith.~~~~~
~~~~~~Finna ilian un atra du~~~~~
~~~~~~evarínya ono varda.~~~~~~
~~~~Mára mesta, Eywa ngahu.~~~~
~~(tlhIngan, Rihannsu, Quenya...)~~
Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Re: Official Clergy Recognition Certificates

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Suggestions for formatting a congregation name:

• Pastafarian Church of/at _______ (location)
  • _______ (location) Pastafarian Church
  • Temple of His Noodliness of/at _______ (location)
  • _______ (location) Temple of His Noodliness
  • Shrine to the Lord Pastaer of/at _______ (location)
  • Noodly Shrine: _______ (location)
  • Synagogue of Sauces: _______ (location)
  • Boravchalv Bethel: _______ (location) Denomination (see upcoming Loose Canon Second Edition for Boravchalv)
  • Meatball Mosque of _______ (location)
  • _______ (location) Abbey of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

These are just suggestions on how one might choose a name. Feel free to be creative and use your imagination.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Don't we already have the official ordination cetrificates? (Definition of "clergy" being "people (such as priests) who are the leaders of a religion and who perform religious services" (source: Marriam-Webster dictionary).

As such, the official certificate of ordination should be sufficient to qualify you as "clergy".

As for recognising specific locations as Pastafarian churches/ temples/ etc, I'm reminded of the 6th IRRYD:

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):
Ending Poverty
Curing Diseases
Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable
I Might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM the Creator.

Okay - so I'm guessing you're thinking of cheaper venues rather than Multimillion Dollar ones, but, to my mind, the spirit of this is basically saying no church buildings (other than Bobby's Pirate ship)
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 am

Cardinal Fang wrote:Don't we already have the official ordination cetrificates? (Definition of "clergy" being "people (such as priests) who are the leaders of a religion and who perform religious services" (source: Marriam-Webster dictionary).

As such, the official certificate of ordination should be sufficient to qualify you as "clergy".

As for recognising specific locations as Pastafarian churches/ temples/ etc, I'm reminded of the 6th IRRYD:

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build Multimillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick):
Ending Poverty
Curing Diseases
Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable
I Might be a Complex-Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM the Creator.

Okay - so I'm guessing you're thinking of cheaper venues rather than Multimillion Dollar ones, but, to my mind, the spirit of this is basically saying no church buildings (other than Bobby's Pirate ship)

Holy Ramen noodles, Batman! What is with trying to stop everything, CF?

I mean if you're to re-read it again, you might see that Rev. Scott. Is willing to do this on his own free time, for anyone who wants one. FOR FREE.(I still want one and I will tell you in the Next Post.)

I mean you've stopped(along with other People) #1: a Pastafarian "ancient" language, #2:2 forms of Pastafarian religious governance, A] Bicameral Pastafarian government, that morphed into a talk for a B] religious Pastafarian government. and a #3: Straight up POPE call for the Pastafari church. in the last year.

It would have been cool to have a Pastafarian "ancient" language. It would have been cool to have a piece of paper saying that "you" are a vice adm... etc. etc. even if it had no meaning. (why do I say this Because I want a Name change, but I do not think Cap or WoE or anyone else would want to do that right now because I sided with someone who was witchhuntedoutofhere i mean gotten rid off for "spam." it need time to cool down.)

the reason why I want the #2B part was to have a system in place to help and try to make people say and make a conversation. but nope.

So in the end I do NOT want a fight and In my next post I would like the Rev. to take what I want to be made into an official unofficial certificate for me please just to have FUN.

F is for Friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all. Down here in the deep blue sea!

so can we put the IRRYD aside for now and have a Little fun.
Please, CF.

Thank you and may the pasta be with you
RAmen.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Dechujoh64 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 am

Dear Rev. Scott
I hereby affirm that at least one person in the area specified in the submitted congregational name considers himself/herself to be a Pastafarian. (yes I CPed it)
and
I wish to have one official unofficial certificate recognizing a clergy that says:

Holy (very cheesy-a-sauce-a) Pastafarian Church of Toledo, Arrghio

Please may I have one and Thank You and May the Pasta be with you.
RAmen.
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Dechujoh64 wrote:
Holy Ramen noodles, Batman! What is with trying to stop everything, CF?

etc etc etc.

I'm sorry - when the good Rev. Scott asked for "What do people think? Questions? Comments? Concerns? Interest?" - I assumed it meant just that - asking for opinions and views, which is what I gave. I'm sorry if you don't agree with me - but that is the virtue of the Pastafarian religion, that as it is fairly easy-going and has loose moral standards, a plurality of views is not only accepted but welcomed.

And BTW where did I stop or even object to #1: a Pastafarian "ancient" language? I have no views either way on the subject - hence the lack of me posting in that thread. As to the others (Pastafarian popes, governments etc) - yes we disagree. Surely though that is the point of having these threads - so everyone can discuss it, and give their views, and maybe even come to a consensus. I personally don't this we need heirarchies and the like - there's enough of that in the rest of world. But that's just my view. Feel free to disagree with me - in fact I'd go so far as to say I welcome it.

And lastly, with regards to the IRRYD's. I choose to keep them when I can, and as they were revealed to Bobby Henderson by His Noodliness, I don't think they should easily be put aside - but saying that, given the whole "loose moral standards" tenet, if others want to put them asaide, that's fine as well. All is good.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Rev. Daniel Scott on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Dechujoh, here's your officially unofficial certificate:

CF, about the IRRYD: To have a parish or congregation or local church, you need only have a place to congregate and worship. This could very well be a small shrine in one's home. There is no breaking of the IRRYDs inherent in this. Heck, there doesn't even need to be a shrine. You could gather around a dinner table or in a living room and read from the Loose Canon or the Gospel.

Completed Works:

Biblical
OP:
Narwhal
Couscousum
Zozuniah
To Build or Not To Build
Covenant of Olive

NP:
Midas
Sailamon
2, 3 ParmaJohn
Jude's Kitchen

Confucian

Rev. Daniel Scott
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Aubreywan on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Dear Rev. Scott (or should it be Capt. Scott)
I hereby affirm that at least one person in the area specified in the submitted congregational name considers himself/herself to be a Pastafarian and I wish to have one official unofficial certificate recognizing a clergy that says:

First Piratical Pastafarian Church of Woodstock, GA
(or do you like this better
Flagship Piratical Pastafarian Church of Woodstock, GA)

Please may I have one and Thank You and May the Sauce be with you.
RAmen.
:drinking: :zen: :drinking:
What did the ELVIS BUDDHA say to the hotdog vendor?
"Make me ONE with everything"
Aubreywan
Conchigliette Convert

Return to All Things FSM