baby naming ceremony?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Freaky
Conchigliette Convert

baby naming ceremony?

Postby Freaky » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

My wench and I have recently had an addition to our family and I was wondering about Pastafarian equivalent to naming ceremonies/baptism/christenings.

Do we have any official (or not so official) ceremonial procedures for naming our daughter? Obviously there will be beer, pasta, and full pirate regalia.

Nancy Delia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: baby naming ceremony?

Postby Nancy Delia » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Freaky wrote:My wench and I have recently had an addition to our family and I was wondering about Pastafarian equivalent to naming ceremonies/baptism/christenings.

Do we have any official (or not so official) ceremonial procedures for naming our daughter? Obviously there will be beer, pasta, and full pirate regalia.

i would recommend reading the Gospel of the flying spaghetti monster before asking a doctrinal question like that.

i know the answer to your question but you should find it out for yourself by reading the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster. i have personally read it 4 times. the book is being sold on amazon right now for $8.70. you can probably get an used copy cheaper than that.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Great souls suffer in silence. ~Friedrich Schiller

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:18 pm

I kinda remember a discussion on this subject a while back.

I believe the outcome was along the lines of not wanting to have the equivalent of a formal christening, as it would be making the decision for the child about joining a religion, rather than allowing them to make the choice themselves later on. However having a naming or "welcome to the world" ceremony was considered just fine.

However I don't think it got any further beyond that - certainly not to suggested rites or rituals.

There have been a few Pastafarian weddings over the years - basically the participants designed the format that suited them the best (there are some lovely vids on YouTube of ceremonies even). Maybe you could adopt the same - design something that reflects your joy at a new life in the world. I suggest pirates and grog be included but that is optional.

Just let us know what you chose - and maybe piccies as well.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 pm

Buzz.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:06 am

Anakin
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Monobaz
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Monobaz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:00 am

Sabotage.
[Is this the Word Association Game thread?]

Good luck with the new addition to your family oh Freaky One.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby ChowMein » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 am

Snidely

Monobaz
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Monobaz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 am

ChowMein wrote:Snidely

Strange name for a baby Pussy Cat!
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green

Monobaz
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Monobaz » Thu May 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Nancy Delia wrote:
Freaky wrote:My wench and I have recently had an addition to our family and I was wondering about Pastafarian equivalent to naming ceremonies/baptism/christenings.

i would recommend reading the Gospel of the flying spaghetti monster before asking a doctrinal question like that.

i know the answer to your question but you should find it out for yourself by reading the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster. i have personally read it 4 times. the book is being sold on amazon right now for $8.70. you can probably get an used copy cheaper than that.

I'm annoyed with myself for not springing to Freaky's defense here. The poor lad asked a reasonable question and received an in-your-face and blatantly rude reply, albeit on the occasion of the birth of his child. Not surprisingly he disappeared shortly after and has not been back since. For the sake of posterity I should like to mention NancyDelia/Jjuicegiver/Juicegiver/PeacefulSongs/EricWhitfield or whatever the hell he wants to call himself now or in the future is a complete and utter bastard.

Return to “All Things FSM”