What sports does the FSM and his children play?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

What sports does the FSM and his children play?

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

As I may have mentioned I love sports. Well some of them at least. Soccer and Basketball being two of them. Football and Baseball simply bore me. I could pick some terrestrial sport that are dangerous but I have chosen some that sea creatures could do as well.
Top Ten Most Difficult and Dangerous Sports.

Riding the Whale, Soccer, Football, Dancing, Swimming, Water Polo, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Rugby, Free diving, Skate chasing, and Diving -- aka taking the dive.

Now the great FSM has offspring and followers aplenty. I just wonder what kind of sport they indulge in. I of course follow the squid. I’m looking at the question of how early Octopi and Squid perceived what is basically military deception, trickery, subterfuge, lying, blitz attacks and the like in order to survive. Sports is just a modern outlet for War or the accumulation of resources. Humans like MONEY, Cephalopods like FOOD.
http://sweetgeodes.com/senft/?attachment_id=2422

I will suggest a few possible sports and let you decide which one fits the shoe better.
Mind you recreational sports might work as well. With 8 tentacles POKER might be very interesting when played with 8 tentacles. This would work better for Octopi as they spend much of their lives Skulking in holes and corners rather than being always on the move. Playing POOL might be interesting as well. I must note that the FSM wears headgear so Football seems to be a given.

NEWS: In America, Waffle House advocates a Boycott on Belgian Waffles before the World Cup match. Sorry I just don’t see it, choosing not to eat a Belgian Waffle isn’t going to stick it to Belgium. If you’re looking to take your patriotism into the realm of cuisine, you may want to start by avoiding all forms of fried potato. It turns out that Belgium may have invented the French fry. Now McDonald's is another matter.
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: What sports does the FSM and his children play?

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:39 pm

How about the Parallel barrrrrs or turning carrrrtwheels.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Or there's always Marrrrrrbles.

And Arrrrrrchery

CF

Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby bonsaiherb on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:14 pm

For some reason I ignored gymnastics. I love the sport, but was worth $%^& and was ever frightened out of my wits.
Post by Cardinal Fang on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:39 pm
How about the Parallel barrrrrs or turning carrrrtwheels

AHAH, I figured out the quote thing. In my youth I was ever fast on my feet, so that may explain my love for soccer. Those guys do cartwheels all the time. Having 8 tenticals would bring an entire new flavor to gymnastics. Wrestling as well. The WWE (Lords of Pain) would be more than happy to enlist some members of FSM. Masks included. Considering the last "bite issue" at the world cups, the beaks would have to be removed. I suspect that the first country to recruit would be Portugal. The U.S.A. would be at a distinct disadvantage. Not sure, but Mexico, Brazil and even New Zealand might have the advantage as well.

bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby IspywithmeI on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:39 pm

I foresee the problem with FSM sports that is that he will always be playing alone. Unless some of us dare do more than worship him.
Viewed through a telescope I live in a world governed by Einsteinian relativity
Viewed through a microscope I live in a world governed by quantum uncertainty
Simply seen I am present and not New
IspywithmeI
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:48 am

Maybe he plays with the strippers from the stripper factory?

CF

Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby bonsaiherb on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 am

IspywithmeI wrote:I foresee the problem with FSM sports that is that he will always be playing alone. Unless some of us dare do more than worship him.

Finally figuring out this site. Yes, I agree that Octopi seem to be unlikely to pursue team sports. Unlike dolphins, orcas or sea otters who love to play together, this creature is a solitary beast. I wonder how they even manage to find mates. Squid, by comparison are a bit more gregarious. Sadly the lifespan of the smaller species is only a year or so. Not much time for training in competitive sports. Side note: the Japanese "flying squid" have three hearts. So hang gliding is a possibility. Got Wind - will travel.

Less gregarious, but great wrestlers are the Kiwi Colossal squid of New Zealand. As they can weigh in at about 1,000 lbs. I would not like to have a round with them. They also have the largest eyes of any animal on earth so Cardinal Fang's suggestion for Archery might work indeed.

Then again, they may simply be the worlds best hypnotists or perhaps the undersea psychotherapist.
Perhaps that is how they lure in their pray. (Offside here) New HBO series called "The Leftovers."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lefto ... _series%29
I feel those upward "raptured" are just Alien food being harvested for the protein and fat content.
Just like this big fellow in Alabama.
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Dechujoh64 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:38 pm

bonsaiherb wrote:Image

What The ... ManBearPig? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Oops sorry :fsm_float: :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Pope Dechujoh is the name.
Oh, here is a list of things that I have writin:
Click the link->The Book of Dechujoh.:
Letter to the Risians. (14 Chapters.) has been writin
Letter to the Udonites. (2 Chpts.) has been writin
Letters between D and M the Udonite. (6 Chpts)has been writin
Letters to the Fiorites is next. Started on.
Revelations 3: The Scroll of the 7 Sealed Pastas(17 Chpts)has been writin
Image<---T.A.R.D.I.S
Dechujoh64
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby bonsaiherb on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:18 pm

I suppose I should have posted this picture in the "foods-bacon' forum. Until today I could not figure out how to insert the pictures. Not all pigs are pigs, some are HOGS and big enough that even a bear won't tackle. The "cute" picture of pigs swimming in the Caribbean is reflective of my prejudices.
Those guys were lean, but most can be mean. I would NEVER have swum next to them.

Too late to retract. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12127&start=120
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby bonsaiherb on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Back to sports, Oh ya, my fridge also croaked, perhaps in sympathy.
Some of these quarter final matches have been so BORING I would rather watch my beans simmer.
Frances vs. Germany - I expected so much more. Neither belong in this tournament.

Brazil vs. Columbia. I admit I have a TOTAL bias to Columbia, but at least Brazil is waking up and not just
letting one player do all the work. Small issue I have with them are their names, Hulk, Oscar, Fred etc.
Who the hell needs last names when you are famous and Brazilian. Total jerks. I am sure that Brazil will use
every dirty tactic to take down James Rodríguez'
Costa Rica will be my last goal stop hope.

Half time: Just horrible officiating. The ref is staring right at two players who charge forward and block a free kick from 4 or 5 yards away.
Do they have standby referees when one is shown to be incompetent? If not they should. Had I spent the bucks to participate in this event I would be totally disgusted. The World Cup has gone done hill since I used to watch it. Will stick it through. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. GO COLUMBIA, GO COSTA RICA!

The Brazil strategy is obvious - How many times can their players such as Fernandinho kick James and get away with it? That REF just sucks! RED CARD was needed once or yellow cards twice. I love soccer but I hate the officiating, fake dives/injuries extra.
Whining, diving, fakery and sly assaults not tended to by the refs. One lead : "The World Cup: Diving, Crying, and Whining" This World Cup has been a shining example of the stereotype's of Soccer: Divers, Cryers, and Whiners. Most of my friends will not even watch it! I will follow the Costa Rica match but unless they win, that is it for me. The officiating simply sucks!
bonsaiherb
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to All Things FSM