Food for thought

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Food for thought

Postby Master Shake on Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:02 pm

Which is the more appropriate food for the neophyte Pastafarian?
Long John Silver's, because they dress like pirates, or Fazzoli's, because they serve noodles?
Master Shake
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:01 pm

never heard of Frazzoli, but isn't Long John Silvers all comercialized and .... yeeech?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Hole-in-the-wall family-run places are your best bet. Better food, cheaper prices, and you're not going to the Pastafarian equivalent of a Megachurch[size=6TM[/size].

They do take some experimenting, though.

Best representation of His Noodlyness in Calgary is a little Chinese restaurant in Chinatown called Gee Gong 's Dumpling Noodle soup. Used to be $3.75; I think they bumped it up to $4.25 now, but still a lunch in itself, or a starter between two people.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:55 am

I'd choose a pasta place over a Long John Silver's any day. And I'd choose my own spaghetti made at home over any fast-food pasta joint. But we do what we can in a pinch. :shellfish:
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:30 pm

although I admit, I do love me some popeyes...
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Grey on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:42 pm

Ugh...not a Popeye's person myself...We have a couple of chains here in town that I like, but I generally don't eat at the big chains.
The revolution has abandoned you. You're on your own now.

The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught.

fueledbycoffee wrote:America has a long and hallowed tradition of irrational tax evasion and belligerence. We are the national equivalent of the Nac Mac Feegle. And we're the leaders of the free world. Damn, now I've scared myself shitless.
Grey
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:49 pm

but the biscuists.... soooo goooood....

at least I'm pretty much off McDonalds.. used to eat there religiously.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:15 pm

ooof. mild, definitely. I'm not really that into spicy things. I prefer sweet and fluffy foods. and sometimes sweet and sour, but thats only when eating at oriental restaurants...

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby The Meromorph on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:21 pm

If y'all like LJS's cod (which is OK but third rate), you should try the Cod special on Friday Nights at Cracker Barrel. That is some good cod. For a chain, it's incredibly good.
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:When you turn 18 or 21 i'll make you some bread pudding with bourbon sauce. Fluffy, sweet and mucho yummy.

And alcoholic.

I'll be up in canada working for Doc by then....

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:59 pm

hmmm... work in canada for almost the whole year, then got to texas for.. what, christmas?

TLAP would be best though. sounds fun!

...wow, I'm never going to get to colledge at this rate! so much stuff to do after I'm 18... :D

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to All Things FSM