The moment of Conversion

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The moment of Conversion

Postby bigblukiwi on Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 pm

I just wanted to thank all of you wondefull believers out there in Cyberspace for affirming my faith. Thing is I've always believed in FSM but just couldn't put a name to it. My Google device led me to the web site one morning recently when I was looking up a recipe for Spag Bol Thai style, and I stumbled upon it by clicking on the wrong button. Talk about a guiding hand!

I've taken the liberty of using as my Avitar a self portrait of me the moment I had the revelation that I wasn't alone and had at last been able to put a name to it (my faith).

I share with you here the memory of the time when my belief began to stir. I was about four and my Dad was introducing me to two of his passions - eating spagetti and Rugby. We'd just finished our usual breakfast of Spag Bol and had made our way to our back-yard to be initiated into the great game by Dad and uncle Bill.

Dad threw the ball to me and I was immediately tackled by Bill, a big bloke. The inevitable happened and I puked all over Bill's boots. Commonly called a technicolor yawn down here. I seem to remember crying and bing told not to be such a queen but I do believe that it created in me the first stirrings of faith. Ever since I've been addicted to both pastimes. :worship:
Yours in Scepticism
bigblukiwi
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby evilbelgian on Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm

A Deeply stirring story.

I truly commend you to share such a moving experience with us and i am sure his great noodlyness had a few minutes of good laughing on his noodles when he read it.
Praise Be to His Noodlyness

The Humble Servant Evilbelgian has spoken
evilbelgian
Ziti Zealot

Re: The moment of Conversion

Postby MrStoffy on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Thank you for your story! The Noodly Creator is no doubt very very happy to have you with him!
MrStoffy
Ziti Zealot

Re: The moment of Conversion

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 am

It seems Google should change it's name into Noogle, for pointing countless followers towards the noodle appendage of our Lord.
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage
Angel-Hair Archmage
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Return to Scripture and Lore