Modified forum FAQ in the Loose Canon, possibly?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Modified forum FAQ in the Loose Canon, possibly?

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:39 pm

ooh, good catch. And good idea. I dunno about a thread, since it might be sort of long, and reposting scripture that's already been posted may seem a bit... odd.

But we definitely should have some people do some very close reading/editing.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:49 pm

Almighty Doer of Stuff wrote:Fixed. Perhaps after the book is compiled but before it goes to print, the whole thing should be posted in one thread for proofreading. We let lots of people read it and point out any errors, debate any errors that are questionable, etc.

I dunno. I intentionally don't fix any mistakes I see while compiling. If feel if the author didn't fix it, who am I to change their holy text?
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:01 am

That's valid, but I think it should be fairly obvious if a typo is ever intentional. I suppose we'll just have to take care to read the threads for typo fixes when we copy/paste into the Canon, so we can get it then.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Previous

Return to Scripture and Lore