Famous Quotations?

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Famous Quotations?

Postby TDKs on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I wondered if these would be suitable for future readings? I was having an argument with an ID proponent, and he was mickying my beliefs - and in my research for some answers to some of the questions he posed, I cam across some interesting thoughts from other people...

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

Isaac Asimov certainly had the right idea: "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night." In the FSM's eyes, creationism IS a theory dreamt up after being drunk all night!

"When I got there, all the pasta and science stuff hadn't quite caught on in England - things that were perfectly acceptable then wouldn't be tolerated now!" - Robbie Fowler

"Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning." Bill Gates, you should have a look at OUR religion. Long weekends, love, with Friday as the Holy Day. Imagine all you could get done in your free time!? :D

Robert Farrar Capon was TOTALLY one of us: "Give us this day our daily taste. Restore to us soups that spoons will not sink in and sauces which are never the same twice. Raise up among us stews with more gravy than we have bread to blot it with. Give us pasta with a hundred fillings."

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti" - Sophia Loren

Have you any other famous quotations?

I can also recommend most things from here: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/pasta.html
Dragon tamer. For real.
TDKs
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to Scripture and Lore