The first Prophet

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

The first Prophet

Postby Marco Polo on Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:40 am

In the 13th Century (we will have to do something about this AD thing, I don’t like it, I don’t like it at all) a young man re-discovered the noodle.

Remembering that the noodle, as a dish, came from China, it is only too obvious that it must have come to there from Indonesia.

Why, why o’ learned one would you say that? You cry, or whinge, depending on how your assertiveness training is going.

The answer is simple:

Where do pirates come from?

Cardinal Queequeg would surely tell you that Indonesia (especially Java, how’s the Pequod?) is still rife with them.

Where do midgets come from?

Who could argue with the recent finds of Hobbits in Indonesia (though they are obviously not that old).

So it becomes clear, human life was brought forth upon this planet in the shape of midget pirates. Race memory, or cookery books, can be blamed for the longevity of the noodle in popular cooking, it was, however, only when Marco Polo (after an epiphany involving char sui chow mein) re-discovered the noodle and brought it back to the culinary experts already responsible for the mighty pizza that we can, again, look upon the face of our lord every time we eat.
Marco Polo
Conchigliette Convert

A great place to celebrate, but...

Postby Noodlyoodly on Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:35 am

Alas that we cannot make a pilgrimage to Bali, Sir Polo..what a great place to celebrate the Noodle!

Maybe one day if FSMism spreads over the world and makes it safe once more, we will tread the fields kissed by the sun and blessed by the origins of Noodle-osity!
The pasta is the life.

In Pastalidarity, NOOOD
Noodlyoodly
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Cardinal Queequeg on Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:41 am

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Speak on, Marco Polo, Speak on!!!

Cardinal queequeg
In the name of the Pasta, and of the Sauce, and of the Garlic Toast, RAmen.
I look, you look, he looks, we look, ye look, they look.
Cardinal Queequeg
Holy Harpooneer

Postby Marco Polo on Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:06 am

Thank you, Thank you,

the spirits are rising in me (which seriously impacts on my ability to type)

I, myself, being of somewhat short leg (buying trousers is a nightmare, I therefore mostly wear loin cloth) feel the midget ancestor more than most.

Grandma doesn't like it, but i tell her it is necessary for my faith.
Marco Polo
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore