Searching for The Mountain

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Searching for The Mountain

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:29 pm

I propose a search for The Mountain of the Open Letter!

It must be similar in appearance to the original sketch, have trees, and have as many other potentially Pastarific characteristics as possible. Scour the globe and post your results here!

First up: Bluenose Mountain, BC, Canada.
I can't find a picture at a good angle, but compare the two...

Closeup of SW face showing another matching profile (heck, even one of the trees is in the right place):

It's named after a famous sailing ship.
May be an extinct volcano (checking).
There's a beer bottle factory directly northwest of it.
There's a beer factory within 20-30 km.
There's midgit horses in the foothills (Icelandics - from a land of volcanoes).
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Amazing Larry on Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:35 pm

Look! Even further proof:

Put down that Lil' Jon, pick up Charley Patton.
Start thinking Chicago, stop thinking Manhattan.

...and my name isn't really Amazing Larry.
Amazing Larry
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 am

but what about the STRIPPERS!!!!!????

*cough*

sorry. Iceland would go well with a creation story... the first pirates weren't actually carribean pirates, but vikings (boats, beer, and pillaging. whats not piratical about vikings?) who migrated from iceland, then to scandinavia, then back west and east. it makes so much sense.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Sinoda on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Interesting... But I don't believe that The Beer Volcano would be on Earth. This may have been a way to annoy Man, as it was exactly similar to the True Volcano. Also, it would make sense as it has been proven that the Vikings have travelled to North America... Maybe as a pilgrimage? It is also a theory that the Chinese have visited North America before the Vikings... The same Chinese that had original pasta...
What to put here....
Sinoda
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 am

although we're looking for beer and volcano elements, I'm pretty sure we're still just looking for the mountain of the open letter, FSMs garden of eden if you will. the stripper factory and beer volcano are definitely only in heaven. now beer factories exist on earth, so i think maybe there is a hidden stripper volcano... if not I'll just open a place up called that in Vegas.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Return to Scripture and Lore