Compilation of regional Canons

Submit your scriptural writings for inclusion in the Loose Canon, and your tales of ancient FSM Lore, as well as any other FSM-related writing you may have.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Compilation of regional Canons

Postby Captain Stephen on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:01 am

This is just a thought (Blessed be the FSM) to increase creativity while also promoting standards of organization among various groups of Pastafarians.

Looking back at the history of religious development, it is important to see that no canon developed over night. There was no "Let there be Bible". Regional groups set up their own authoritative canon which would late be pitted against other regions. There was no massive lay out of every single letter, gospel, acts, apocalypse etc. To do such besides being absurd, would be a waste of time. To get the best, to get something most Pastafarians will adhere to will take time and patience.

The Huntingdon College Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster will soon be posted its canon of material on its website. Thus if an Alabama council was developed, it could not only review our works, but also those of Birmingham Southern, Alabama University, Auburn University etc etc

Arrr... I need sleep, bloody comparative anatomy test tommorow. May his Noodliness allow me to pass
Captain Stephen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby carr2d2 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:39 pm

interesting thoughts. i'm currently trying to analyze how this is occurring for a paper on folklore.
does the huntingdon group exist irl or are they strictly online as well?
what is the group's url? i tried to google it and found nothing.
thanks.
carr2d2
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Scripture and Lore