In the beginning...

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

In the beginning...

Postby starbase1 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi All, my first proper post after the introductory one! I had visited the web pages many times, but never noticed the forums before...

Anyway, apart from the kind of stuff all us true Pastafarians do, I have 3d graphics as a hobby, so I have been attempting to depict his noodliness in all his glory.

I therefore present for your enjoyment:
http://www.starbase1.co.uk/galleries/Gr ... NNING.html

If there is any interest I will do some versions in standard wallpaper type sizes, though it could do with a bit more work on the eyes before I let that loose. Oh, and if anyone can point me at a copyright free (I'm not that kind of pirate) version of Also Sprach Zarathustra, I'll do an animated version!
:D

As you may see in my SIG, I also did a bunch of FSM animated GIF's, feel free to use these as you wish, (in accordance with scripture), though I would appreciate if you could take copies rather than link directly to the ones online.

Avast!
Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Meatball on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:19 pm

That rocks :o
Meatball
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby starbase1 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks! I am working to make it better - the lighting is really cheap. The good news is that I am getting advice from, er, the main man for lighting at Pixar!

I hope to have a beautifully backlit version ready by the end of the long weekend, and at that point will upload a set to the resources area...

Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Meatball on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:08 pm

can you explain the difference between 4d and 3d to me?
Meatball
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby EarthRise on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:15 pm

That's a question for the Science threads :D
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby m610 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Nice animated gifs. Can you make them with transparent backgrounds, and maybe touch up the flag poles a bit so they don't look so flat?
Evolution of the gif whale.
http://www.kstreetstudio.com
m610
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby starbase1 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:14 am

Hi M610, (wow, formal name!). Glad you like them. I don't know how to make the backgrounds transparent, if anyone does, tell me.

I could do them on different backgrounds if that helps...

The flagpole is deliberately flat - I started off with a full colour one, but with animated GIF's they get a LOT bigger if the number of colours increases, and I wanted the available colours used on the flag itself. This is also why some of my flags are flat shaded, they make for MUCH smaller

Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby JollyRogerRing on Tue May 08, 2007 1:40 am

That is beautiful. :worship:
>smoothing down goose-bumps<

Is the 3d model available for download? In a file format Blender can import?
It's in the sauce.
JollyRogerRing
Conchigliette Convert

Postby starbase1 on Tue May 08, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks - I am still working on it slowly, with the help of others in the challenge. When it's finished I'll make image available in a wide variety of sizes. I'm finding it difficult to get the last touches right, (and lost my model in a crash), but they are very constructive in the challenge.

The challenge thread is here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ge=1&pp=15

If you look at the start there are links to the model in several formats, (though you get a canyon with it). It's not textured.

Nick
starbase1
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations