Art Usage Permission

Found a stunning new portrayal of His Noodly Majesty? New art, adapted art, links to do-it-yourself art? Realistic, conceptual, whatever? Post it here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Art Usage Permission

Postby JSG on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:22 pm

His Noodly Appendage took over my body last night, and using some of the images on the "Materials" section, He created an image to be printed on a custom bicycle license plate to put on ... my bicycle. I ride my bike to work daily, and having the plate would serve the dual purpose of spreading His word, as well as having Him there to protect me from crazy drivers. One snag though...

The manufacturer of the plate is hesitant to make it though, since the artwork isn't entirely mine. I pointed to Q#11 in the FAQ, but that apparently wasn't good enough. They want explicit permission to print one custom bicycle license plate.

The way I see it, they're simply providing me with a service for a fee. The difference would be if they started mass producing them and selling them themselves.

So, can I get one of the Church Elders here to give the OK, and I'll simply point them to this thread.
JSG
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Good Reverend Roger on Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:00 am

How do you know it was the FSM that possessed you?

Oh, and the answer is: They are wise to act so. Even if there is no real case, many small businesses cannot afford to defend themselves against even a trivial lawsuit.
Editor in chief of "SHUT UP", The American Journal of Misanthropy.

Or kill me.
The Good Reverend Roger
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby JSG on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:18 am

Well, it turns out the plate makers got permission directly from the prophet himself. Why TPTB here in the forums couldn't afford the courtesy of a simple, "That's not our decision to make," is, well. Nevermind. I'll stop being difficult and move along. My apologies for thinking the forum moderators were anything more than babysitters and expecting them to do anything more than correct people's grammar.
JSG
Ziti Zealot

Return to Art and Artistic Adaptations