BBQ University

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: BBQ University

Postby PKMKII on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:41 am

Roy Hunter wrote:I find it difficult to understand the sort of food stores that wouldn't stock lamb. It's not like beef in India, or bacon in Tel Aviv; you just don't seem to have demand for it?
:confused:

Yeah, lamb just isn't that common of a meat in the states. You get a lot of it on the east coast, but flyover country doesn't have much, and what they do have is typically not that great (i.e., slaughtered too old).
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Re: BBQ University

Postby PKMKII on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:51 pm

"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré
PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Previous

Return to Food