Beer

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Beer

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:09 pm

PKMKII wrote:BBC has an article on how U.S. craft beer is influencing UK brewers.

Just has me some Doggie Style Classic Pale Ale - all the way from the US of A. It's goood!

And I've got some of this year's Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout coming soon.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:43 pm

St Austell - Proper Job. Lovely IPA from Cornwall.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

But why is the rum gone?!
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:21 pm

St Austell - Clouded Yellow. An interesting wheat beer that pours clearly but has a yeast sediment at the bottom, apparently you can get a cloudy beer by swirling the last of the beer. Also, it tastes nice, not as sweet as German wheat beers.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Badger - Fursty Ferret. I only got it because some other bugger had taken all the Bombardier from Tesco.

Having said that, it's really nice. It's a full flavoured bitter but with a tiny bit of sweetness. I think it might be my new favourite session beer.

daftbeaker

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Does Ginger Beer count? I have been ingesting modest quantities of Crabbie's Ginger Beer and Raspberry Ginger Beer, with lots of ice. It tastes of proper ginger (and proper raspberries), but it is not too sweet like many non-alcoholic ginger beers. Crabbie's also do an non-alcoholic version of the straight Ginger Beer which is also pretty good.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:07 pm

BUAAAAAARRRPPP!!!

scuse

fan ye

*hic*

welkum
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.
Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Monobaz on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:19 am

James Boags Premium Larger is the quintessential Australian beer. Boags beers are brewed in Launceston, Tasmania and in true Australian tradition are served COLD of course. We do not abide by lukewarm piss drinking over here mate! That being said, I am a little apprehensive about the concept of beer sourced from a volcano.
"There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages." Ruth Hurmence Green
Monobaz
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Previous

Return to Food