Huckabees

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Huckabees

Postby SpisBoy on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:46 am

A bit late for this, I (heart) Huckabees.

I only just saw it an hour ago. It was awesome, awesome! And I haven't even figured it all out. This is perhaps my new official favorite movie.

Anyone else see this? Opinions... ?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:35 am

I saw it a while ago. I might rent it again for laughs and refreshment. its an intersting movie.

"I don't want to go in the black bag! I see people I hate and I have to kill them with machette's!"

it was good for laughs, and it got you thinking.

I love the opening scene...

I give it 4/5 stars because almost no movies deserve 5!
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

what rhymes with "huck?"

Postby NeferKa on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 am

I love the scene when the fireman and the main character are having dinner with the Christian family! There’s the part when the little girl says something about “loving Jesus with all your heart…â€￾ I don’t remember exactly what happens because I haven’t seen it in a while, but I remember it was hilarious. I think it stuck me as so funny because I have had dinners with families like that!

Also, the “****abeesâ€￾ part was pretty good too. Do you think the store was called Huckabees for that one line?
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Spud on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:58 am

You can't go wrong with an opening like this...

"Motherfucking cock sucker. Motherfucking shit, fucker. What am I doing…what am I doing? I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m going the best that I can. I know that that’s all I can ask of myself. Is that good enough? Is my work doing any good? Is anybody paying attention? Is it hopeless to try and change things? The African guy is a sign right? Because if he isn’t, then nothing in this world makes any sense to me. I’m fucked. Maybe I should quit. Don’t quit. Maybe I should just fucking quit….don’t fucking quit. Just, I don’t know what the fuck I’m supposed to fucking do anymore. Fucker! Fuck Shit!……"

Fun movie...
Spud
Ziti Zealot

Postby NeferKa on Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:48 pm

I forgot about the opening; it was truly scaring. I should watch that movie again some time soon. I should invite some friends over to watch it, but it's one of those movies that I can't tell whether people would love it or question my sanity by showing this film.

Also, for some reason, I want to make a bonnet... Hmm...
NeferKa
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby SpisBoy on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:54 pm

I too loved the Christian dinner scene. I have had dinners with families like that (my own relatives!) The best line was when one of the guests said something philosophical and the little girl said something like, "we don't have to think about those things, do we mommy? Because we love the bible" or something along those lines...
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Arrrgh!" -Piraticus 13:7

http://home.earthlink.net/~meximiliano/
SpisBoy
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Zillax0rz on Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 pm

It's so sad that I Heart Huckabees didn't get the love it deserved. When I saw it, it jumped into my top five of favorite movies. Mark Wahlberg never performed better.

Also, the soundtrack is simply fantastic with music that actually relates to the film. Jon Brion is a genius.
Zillax0rz
Ziti Zealot

Postby clubsauce on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:23 am

I too loved the Christian dinner scene. I have had dinners with families like that (my own relatives!) The best line was when one of the guests said something philosophical and the little girl said something like, "we don't have to think about those things, do we mommy? Because we love the bible" or something along those lines...
Yeah, I loved that line and this movie. Jason Schwartzman is fantastic, and David O. Russell did a great job directing. It almost felt like a Wes Anderson film, even though it wasn't as stylized.
clubsauce
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors