movies have hit a new low

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Postby Capellini on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:37 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:do you mean Jor-El? because Kal-El is Clark Kent/Superman... although theres some sources which say Kal-El was actually named Jor-El... but yeah, Kal-El is clark, Jor-El is his father.

HUGE OOPS! I blame my brain fry on physics.

Yes, I meant Jor-El, I just went retarded for a minute. I'm better now, promise.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby mia primavera on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 am

john waters' hairspray is being remade, and i predict it will be a total and utter piece of crap. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427327/

movies have hit a new low, indeed. so has john travolta.

travolta will never, either literally or figuratively, be able to fill the shoes of the late lamented divine.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
--Mark Twain
mia primavera
Ziti Zealot

Postby kat on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:18 pm

It's not really being remade...a movie version of the stage musical, which is different from the movie, is being made.

Just as in The Producers, it's a slightly different crowd.
Do not do in public that which you do not which commented upon by the public.
kat
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:04 am

movies have hit a new low

I knew that for sure when a movie that received a 2% on the Tomato Meter reach the top of the box office...... :cry:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:59 am

what movie was that?
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Aeger on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:57 am

It's true, mainstream movies have indeed rock-bottomed, but most independent films have stayed true, as well as other, weirder things, like the science of sleep, which I am going to go see in a few hours.

I'll tell ya how it is.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:31 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:what movie was that?

"The Covenant" :cry:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:41 pm

*shudder*

that appealed to teens so much.

girls, Hot Guys with dark secrets or something.
guys, Guys with badass satan powers.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:29 pm

At least it was only on top for one weekend. Perhaps there is hope.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Nigga Tony on Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:26 am

To anyone who has not yet seen "The Departed":

You must hurry. No man knows the day nor the hour of his demise. You do not want to die without having seen this movie. Trust me, heaven will not make up for it. "Tombstone" has been my favorite movie since I was 9 years old. Scorsese's latest completely blew it away.
The fool hath said in his heart, "There is no Flying Spaghetti Monster".
Nigga Tony
Conchigliette Convert

Previous

Return to Books and Authors, Films and Directors