Tell us your spookiest story

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Tell us your spookiest story

Postby Edd on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Do kids still tell spooky stories?

Know any good ones?
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Re: Tell us your spookiest story

Postby FaithfulPirate42 on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:09 pm

Well, the scariest one I can think of at the moment is the reoublicans win the vote, after which Sarah Palin "accidentally" shoots McCain, and ends up ruling our nation with an incompetent, imbecilic, iron fist. <shiver>
If only Wash were a magical zombie like Jesus. I miss him. Now who will pilot my spaceship?
"Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
Alex Trebek: Oh good. Mr. Connery wants to say something.
Sean Connery: I've thought of some more foreign ladies I snogged.
FaithfulPirate42
Chitarra Captain

Location: Retreating further and further from the real world.

Postby lordpunkmonk on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

I did not write this and I do not know who wrote the original version of this but the first one I heard had an old lady not a young girl

A young teenage girl lived at home with her mother, father and her much loved pet dog.

Being 16 years old her parents decided that she was now old enough to be left alone without a minder while they went out for the evening. Although there was some concern about leaving a young girl in a house all by herself, they knew she was sensible and would behave. And besides, she did have the pet Alsatian dog to look after her and keep her company.

The parents left for the night, leaving Emergency phone numbers and supplies for the night. The girl was thrilled to be spending her first night alone in her parents house and mainly watched TV until 11.00 rolled round.

Deciding she was tired she moved upstairs to her comfy bedroom to retire for the night. Her trusty Alsatian dog following her all the time.

After being asleep for a short time she awoke to a dripping noise coming from the bathroom. Not afraid, but curious as to what the noise was she lowered her hand down beside her bed to gain a little comfort from the Alsatian. She felt the warmth of his soft tongue as he licked her hand, showing her that he was O.K and that everything would be alright. Feeling assured she drifted off to sleep once more.

Waking once again to the sounds of the dripping tap, or whatever it was, in the bathroom she instinctively dropped her hand down to pet her dog. Once again her dog offered up the loyal companionship that only a much trusted and loved pet can, and licked her hand and she once again fell asleep.

For the last time she woke up again, that annoying noise was still going, she reached for her dog but found he wasn't there. Wondering where her parents were at this time of night (it was about 3.30am by this time) and looking for her dog she walked out into the bathroom.

A horrifying sight met her, the dog had been mutilated and was creating the dripping noise, as blood slowly fell and pooled on the floor below. Screaming she ran back through the house and attempted to call the police. The phone was dead, and she turned to suddenly see her parents also mutilated behind her. Her screams could be heard as she looked down at a note written in blood, it read:
"Humans Can Lick Too"
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:14 am

That's not so much spooky as really horrible and scary. :?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Elvalia on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:11 pm

This isn't really a spooky story, but a couple of years ago, I worked in an old gaol that's been converted into a science/learning centre. The other girls I worked with used to get me to go down and lock up the basement at night because they all swore up and down that it was haunted, probably by some of the people who were hanged in the back yard.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Edd on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:31 pm

The building I work in is forty years old. There are no records, or even stories, of anyone ever dying in it. Despite all this, I have heard individuals swear, in all seriousness, that the 22nd floor is haunted.

Some people will find ghosts wherever they want.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby black bart on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 pm

I recommend 'The Haunted Mill' by Jerome K Jerome. Tis a spooky tale in which a chap purchases a mill knowing it to be haunted, but also thinking that there is a hidden stash of gold. The ghost keeps appearing night after night and pointing to various parts of the mill which the man duly demolishes to try to get at the gold. In the end the whole building is a ruin but he finds no gold at all.

A similar thing happened to one o me ships. Captain Cronan kept appearing. Wailing and clanking his anchor chain he'd point to a part of the ship sayin 'There lies Cronan's Treasure.' Eventually, driven mad by greed (and thirst for the grog vouchers), I made a hole in the ship's hull and it sank...as we went down into the murky depths ye could here Cronan's ghost laughin!
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Edd on Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 pm

black bart wrote:A similar thing happened to one o me ships. Captain Cronan kept appearing. Wailing and clanking his anchor chain he'd point to a part of the ship sayin 'There lies Cronan's Treasure.' Eventually, driven mad by greed (and thirst for the grog vouchers), I made a hole in the ship's hull and it sank...as we went down into the murky depths ye could here Cronan's ghost laughin!

I read that story. It was 'The Tell-Tale Bart.'
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby fueledbycoffee on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Bad pun. Baaad pun. But good, nonetheless.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:33 pm

One night a woman went out for drinks with her girlfriends. She left the bar fairly late at night, got in her car and onto the deserted highway. She noticed a lone pair of headlights in her rear-view mirror, approaching at a pace just slightly quicker than hers. As the car pulled up behind her she glanced and saw the turn signal on — the car was going to pass — when suddenly it swerved back behind her, pulled up dangerously close to her tailgate and the brights flashed.

Now she was getting nervous. The lights dimmed for a moment and then the brights came back on and the car behind her surged forward. The frightened woman struggled to keep her eyes on the road and fought the urge to look at the car behind her. Finally, her exit approached but the car continued to follow, flashing the brights periodically.

Through every stoplight and turn, it followed her until she pulled into her driveway. She figured her only hope was to make a mad dash into the house and call the police. As she flew from the car, so did the driver of the car behind her — and he screamed, "Lock the door and call the police! Call 911!"

When the police arrived the horrible truth was finally revealed to the woman. The man in the car had been trying to save her. As he pulled up behind her and his headlights illuminated her car, he saw the silhouette of a man with a butcher knife rising up from the back seat to stab her, so he flashed his brights and the figure crouched back down.

The moral of the story: Always check the back seat!
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321
lordpunkmonk
Shaman of Ramen

Postby S'presso on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm

^ Plays on one of my worst childhood fears. Thanks LMP.

Apparently, At my barn (which happens to be located right beside a graveyard) there are some horses that absolutely refuse to go into one specific corner of an arena, leading some people to believe that it is haunted.
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.
S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Capellini on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

One day, I signed on to the forum, and I had a pm from Bobby, asking me if I'd be willing to admin the board. And I said yes.

Scariest thing that ever happened to me.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill
Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Elvalia on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Capellini wrote:One day, I signed on to the forum, and I had a pm from Bobby, asking me if I'd be willing to admin the board. And I said yes.

And it's caused nightmares for countless forum members ever since?
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:49 am

Elvalia wrote:
Capellini wrote:One day, I signed on to the forum, and I had a pm from Bobby, asking me if I'd be willing to admin the board. And I said yes.

:D

It's been nice knowing you Elvalia...don't forget to spin the chamber...or was it don't spin the chamber?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby PantyGnawer on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:04 am

black bart wrote:
Elvalia wrote:

:D

It's been nice knowing you Elvalia...don't forget to spin the chamber...or was it don't spin the chamber?

I'm taking bets but the odds I'm giving are complicated to calculate, so bart, we'll be needin yer abicus.
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes