Tell us your spookiest story

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Tell us your spookiest story

Postby Edd on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:51 am

This story has been told in San Antonio my entire life.

In the 1950’s a school bus full of elementary school kids on their way home stalled on some railroad tracks near the San Jose Mission. The driver struggled with the vehicle, attempting to restart it as the kids became louder, taking advantage of the delay to run around on the bus. The surrounding trees prevented the bus driver from noticing the train coming over the hill until the last minute. Quickly, he instructed the children to evacuate the bus. Unfortunately, very few were able to escape before the horrendous impact.

Today, the railroad tracks are still there, abandoned. The streets in the nearest subdivision are Shane Rd., Cindy Sue Way, Nancy Carole Way, Richey Otis Way, Bobbie Allen Way, and Laura Lee Way, and people say they are named after the children who died in the crash.

They also say that if you park on the tracks and put your car in neutral, even though it appears to be an upwardly sloping incline, the ghosts of the kids from the crash will push you out of the way of the train that took their lives.

When I was in high school, a favorite Halloween pastime was to sprinkle flour or baby powder on your car’s bumper and look for the tiny fingerprints that appear after you’ve been ‘pushed’ to safety.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 am

Here's another Halloween tale we tell in Little Ol' San Antone:

There is a small, extremely narrow bridge on the South side of town where The Donkey Lady is said to roam.

‘Who is The Donkey Lady?’ you ask? Various accounts describe her as either a disfigured old woman with the appearance of a donkey – drooping face and ears, misshapen hands and feet that appear at first glance to resemble hooves - or possibly a creature that is part human and part donkey.

Some stories say she is out for revenge for the horrific treatment at the hands of xenophobes or cruel and masochistic locals. Some believe she is an evil spirit that just happens to haunt this particular area. In any case, she does not appreciate visitors to her bridge and will attack under cover of darkness any foolish enough to linger in the area any longer than necessary to cross the bridge. If you park on the bridge, late at night, and turn off the engine, listening carefully, you will shortly hear the click-clack-click-clack of her hooves approaching. When you do, don’t stick around for there are accounts of damaged vehicles covered in blood and missing teenagers who went out to taunt The Donkey Lady. Some have caught glimpses of her in their headlights as they sped away but none had the courage to stay and try to photograph her.

When I was in elementary school there was even a Donkey Lady phone number you could call which would answer and only have static on the other end with a clickety-clack, clickety-clack sound repeating over and over. It didn’t make much sense, even to a seven year old, but it was one of the ways we would scare ourselves around this time of year.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:57 am

Edd wrote:Here's another Halloween tale we tell in Little Ol' San Antone:

There is a small, extremely narrow bridge on the South side of town where The Donkey Lady is said to roam.

‘Who is The Donkey Lady?’ you ask? Various accounts describe her as either a disfigured old woman with the appearance of a donkey – drooping face and ears, misshapen hands and feet that appear at first glance to resemble hooves - or possibly a creature that is part human and part donkey.

Some stories say she is out for revenge for the horrific treatment at the hands of xenophobes or cruel and masochistic locals. Some believe she is an evil spirit that just happens to haunt this particular area. In any case, she does not appreciate visitors to her bridge and will attack under cover of darkness any foolish enough to linger in the area any longer than necessary to cross the bridge. If you park on the bridge, late at night, and turn off the engine, listening carefully, you will shortly hear the click-clack-click-clack of her hooves approaching. When you do, don’t stick around for there are accounts of damaged vehicles covered in blood and missing teenagers who went out to taunt The Donkey Lady. Some have caught glimpses of her in their headlights as they sped away but none had the courage to stay and try to photograph her.

When I was in elementary school there was even a Donkey Lady phone number you could call which would answer and only have static on the other end with a clickety-clack, clickety-clack sound repeating over and over. It didn’t make much sense, even to a seven year old, but it was one of the ways we would scare ourselves around this time of year.

???
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Edd on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Okay, okay, even I'm allowed a mistake once in a while, aren't I?

Just imagine I wrote sadistic instead of masochistic.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Previous

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes