Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Postby Slippery Jim Reuben on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:59 pm

OK, I don't see this anywhere on here, and this is fairly new (only launched in December).

For $10 a month (or less if you sign up for a block of time in advance) you can have unlimited access to this fantastic MMOG ("Massive Multi-player Online Game"). It's by Disney, so it's OK for most kids, but it is consistant with the film series, so there is violence, voodoo, undead, and eventually sea monsters (allegedly).

There is a good social aspect to this game, too -- you can join crews, create a lengthy buddy list, and create and/or join a guild. If I can find enough of us who are playing POTCO I will start a Pastafarian Guild just for worshipers of the FSM.

Check out the game here (you can sign up and play for free before you commit to any financial outlay):

http://apps.pirates.go.com/pirates/v3/# ... about.html

How can you use POTCO to worship His Noodly Carb-ness?

> Dress as a pirate. There are practically limitless wardrobe possibilities for both men and women.

> Drink beer. There are taverns everywhere. There is even a rather impressive volcanoe, although I have not yet been able to determine if it, too, provides beer.

> Talk like a pirate. This is actually build-in to the game! If you can't manage it on your own, there are tons of ready-made phrases to click on.

> Slay unbelievers. There are Royal Navy redcoats and East India Trading Company Agents all over the place. They make a lovely thumping sound when they keel over, dead.

> Sail the High Seas in your very own pirate ship. Cannons work, too!

> "Pick up a buccaneer crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder, and otherwise pilfer your weasly black guts out." Yes, you can do all of that.

> Exhibit flimsy moral standards. Well, duh.

See you there? If so, post your avatar name here and when you'll be on, and we can try to hook up in-game.

~Ramen.
"Hey, little girl. Want some booty?" -- Slippery Jim
Slippery Jim Reuben
Conchigliette Convert

Return to FSM Gatherings