Talk Like A Pirate Day Caroling

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Talk Like A Pirate Day Caroling

Postby Spaghetti_Rum on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 pm

I wanted to invite people to my yearly tradition.

Every year, on Talk Like A Pirate Day, I take my list of Pirate Carols, put on my best Pirate Regalia, and I go out and sing door-to-door. I know I am new to the forum, but I wanted to invite anyone who might want to attend to join us!

TOP THREE REASONS TO GO PIRATE CAROLING!

1) Spread the influence of his noodly goodness!
2) Pirates sing Sea Shanties, Carolers sing Carols. Neither actually requires (or typically possesses) any singing ability. Pirate Carols perhaps require less singing ability than any other form of song invented.
3) People LOVE us! It's a great feeling. They come out, they clap. We've been offered money, drinks, fireworks... lots of stuff. It's never expected, but always appreciated.

Even if you can't join my group of carolers, I urge you to try it for yourself. But if you can make it to Portland, OR on September 19th, here's where we are meeting and what we are doing:

WHERE: Laurelhurst Park in Portland, Oregon
WHEN: September 19th

ITINERARY:
3-4 PM: Meet up at the north end of the "lake" in the park, practice carols, admire regalia.
4 PM: Begin walking the streets, singing carols.
7 PM: Caroling Ends. Possibility of going somewhere for dinner or something else- I like to play it by ear.

If you are coming from the Portland Pirate Festival, you can hop on the 75 bus line and it will take you directly to the park. otherwise you can get directions from Google Maps, Mapquest, or some other website.

No need to RSVP, but if you do I'll print out an extra set of carols for you. Just bring yourself and your best pirate regalia! :fsm_yarr:
Spaghetti_Rum
Ziti Zealot

Re: Talk Like A Pirate Day Caroling

Postby Julius Aurora on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:17 am

That sounds awesome. I would love to join you. Too bad there is an ocean in the way.
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
Julius Aurora
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Likewise, although if any UK Pastafarians can get to Newbury Show, I'd happily have a sing-song with them there.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Anyone in Canberra fancy pushing the boat out?
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Return to FSM Gatherings