Irish Pastafarians

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Irish Pastafarians

Postby Kra on Wed May 23, 2007 8:56 am

Let us congregate in full pirate regalia and consume much grog..

Irish residents (or former residents) please, not those of you who call yourself Irish because your grandparents gardener was Irish..It becomes extremely annoying after a while when people claim to be Irish when they know absoloutely nothing about this country. If your ancestors emigrated and settled in the country where you live during the famine, that doesn't make you Irish, it gives you Irish ancestry.
Kra
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby drbuzz0 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:13 am

Hey now, what's wrong with those of Irish blood who aren't in Ireland?

I'm of Irish ancestry, as my great grandparents moved from Ireland to the US and thus I'm third generation native to the United States, but my family is very much still in contact with the cousins back in Ireland (unlike most people I know of Irish ancestry who have no idea what part their family was from and such).

I'm over in the country as much as I can given financial constraints and such. I try to spend a few weeks in the summer but couldn't do so last summer do to other commitments.

My family's from the Dingle peninsula in Kerry. I have cousins in Dingle and Castlegregory, but also a few who have moved to other areas such as Dublin and Cork. BTW: I've only been to Cork three times, but it's lovely.

So do I get to come to the Irish FSM gatherings or am I too American?
drbuzz0
Ziti Zealot

Return to FSM Gatherings