The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby GarySheridan on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi, my name is Gary, i'm an Irish Pastafarian and i've noticed the obvious dominance of the catholic church, and the blatant discrimination by the government regarding everyone else.
my school has a morning prayer on the intercom, 2 masses a year, 2 chaplains (RC and COI) and christian displays throughout the school. i'm not even going to get into what primary school is like (lets just say we study prayers and are forced to sing in a religious choir). i would like to be ordained a minister, spread the word of the flying spaghetti monster, protest instead of studying religious education in school and have a bit of fun with it. I beleive one of my first steps towards my ultimate goals (either all religions or no religion in school and of course world domination) is joining this 'ere forum and talking like a pirate occasionally. i'm sure you'll love to hear all about my antics. they're rather funny. i'll post as much as i can and will continue to read others posts.....

Mwah ;P xXxXx
nah..

rAmen,
GarySheridan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 am

Welcome Gary. Posting at half past midnight, and on a school night too? Well, you'll be tired in the morning, and I've no sympathy.

Only joking. I come from Glasgow, and in Glasgow we were surrounded by people who left Ireland to get away from the whole monotheistic church = state thing. My wife being one of them. Many of our American cousins will go on about the perils of an established church, but the influence of the CofE in government is nothing compared to the grip the RCC has in the Republic.

So welcome, have fun!
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DavidH on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:25 am

Welcome, Gary. Get below and sling yer hammock in the bilges with Neff Yoo.
DavidH
Tagliatelle Trainee Monk

Postby Mechtaur on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Not new, but returning after a five or so year break. Figured I might as well post here to reintroduce myself.

It seems quieter than I remember.
Mechtaur
Ziti Zealot

Postby starchbishop on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:02 am

Greetings!

I hope to share my FSM-inspired artwork here.
starchbishop
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cardinal Fang on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Welsome starchbishop - and welcome back Mechtaur

Splice the mainbrace

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Previous

Return to Standards and Practices