The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby daftbeaker on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:Up yours pooface

Yes folks, as you can see, Venganza is a haven of intellectual dialogue and mutual respect. I am even insulted on the basis of my tragic Kaled heritage, by a lab-coated penguin with different-sized legs. He probably would have left by now, but he walks in circles because of the wonky legs, so we're stuck with him.

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed! :haha:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

The great thing about Beaker is his ability to provoke while still being decorous, or at least within acceptable rules of conduct - Qwertyuiopasd
daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby IspywithmeI on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:03 pm

:haha: You guys can always make me laugh. Especially when I as manic as I am now.

But there are reports out there that it can get even worse.
Viewed through a telescope I live in a world governed by Einsteinian relativity
Viewed through a microscope I live in a world governed by quantum uncertainty
Simply seen I am present and not New
IspywithmeI
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby zserg on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 am

Hello all.
I have been reading some things on the venganza website, and I believe this is a great religion, and it can be an example for future religion movements (or past ones) .

I look forward to much enlightenment.
:zen:
zserg
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:57 am

Welcome, zserg.

Seats and tray tables in the upright position, seatbelt light is on, cabin doors to manual.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby IspywithmeI on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:cabin doors to manual.

What do you mean with that last part Roy?
Viewed through a telescope I live in a world governed by Einsteinian relativity
Viewed through a microscope I live in a world governed by quantum uncertainty
Simply seen I am present and not New
IspywithmeI
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:01 pm

IspywithmeI wrote:
Roy Hunter wrote:cabin doors to manual.

What do you mean with that last part Roy?
The cabin doors are interlocked from a control in the cockpit, to stop the doors from being opened when the aircraft is in flight. When the flight crew turn the interlock off after landing, they tell the cabin crew that they now have control and can now unlock and open the doors once the aircraft is at the gate.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby Viquetor on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:59 am

Hi,
I live in Belgium, where there are 4 "officials" religions recognized and sponsored by the state.
I think it's time to introduce the church of the flying spaghetti monster to the authorities to be recognized too... :blush:
Viquetor
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Welcome, Viquetor.
:welcome:
Roy Hunter

Previous

Return to Standards and Practices