The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: All Things Mods, Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

jasper_b
Ziti Zealot

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby jasper_b » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Oh, okay. I guess I'll see you around without knowing then :confused:
"No one dances sober, unless he is completely insane." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Federico Fellini

"We are all astronauts of Space Ship Earth." - Wubbo Ockels

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:I'm also a member of that group, under my secret assumed identity.

CF

I thought you had renounced the Facebook and all its works? :confused:

I tried the Facebook group for about 5 minutes during the Independence referendum campaign last year, immediately got trolled by a bunch of trolls, and left again. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 am

i iss gunna go on dat failbook fing an twoll evabuddy two .
:lurk: :lurk:
cabin boy fir hyer. jyint hat no hextra charj.

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:14 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
Cardinal Fang wrote:I'm also a member of that group, under my secret assumed identity.

CF

I thought you had renounced the Facebook and all its works? :confused:

I tried the Facebook group for about 5 minutes during the Independence referendum campaign last year, immediately got trolled by a bunch of trolls, and left again. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

Forced to rejoin to keep tabs on what's happening at a charity I volunteer for, who've decided that they aren't going to communicate any other way any more :furious:

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

mlambrechts
Conchigliette Convert

Postby mlambrechts » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi. I'm a believer for more than five years. This is my first post. :welcome:

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:53 am

Ullo m'lambricks ,

ummm.... i yused 2 sing dat song 'bout bein a beleever ......

....... now i'm a beleever i cuddint leever iff i tryd .....

an all peepulls lyke it sooooo bery much dey frowed froot 4 me supperrr , rrrrr .

Well come m'lambybricks . :welcome:

bblader1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bblader1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:55 am

Hi.

I'm not an official convert, not just yet, at least. But I have been doing a bit of research on Pastafarianism and it's moral values, and I'm very interested and receptive to what the religion entails. However, I do have some questions before I can officially consider myself a follower of the religion, and whether or not it's right for me.

FSM is described as an omnipotent entity. He tampers with scientific results with his noodly appendages, which is truly an extraordinary power, and which also supports the claim that FSM is omnipotent. But in that case, why does FSM allow evil acts to occur, if he has the power to stop them? And surely he must if he is capable of tampering with every scientific result that has ever taken place. As sort of an extension, FSM is an open supporter of equal rights for humanity, as discussed in the eight I'd Really Rather You Didn't's. In which case, why has FSM done nothing about racist and sexist ideals, things that directly violate his moral code?

For that matter, what about evildoers in the afterlife with the Beer Volcano and the Stripper Factory? Even in the lower sectors where the beer is stale and the strippers have STDs, I'd imagine people are capable of harming others, if their senses to enjoy beer and strippers are still intact, surely they can still experience pain. What happens to people who commit crimes in the afterlife? I'm not worried about false convictions as FSM is omnipotent and knows who is innocent and guilty, but what happens to the guilty parties? Are they allowed back in Pastafarian Hell to commit more crimes? Does FSM convict them to isolation?

To expand further, what decides whether you go to Pastafarian Heaven or Hell? What qualifies you as being a good or a bad person to FSM? Are you a good person if you believe in FSM? Are you a bad person if you don't believe in him? Do you have to kill or rape to be condemned to Pastafarian Hell? Do you have to preach hateful, bigoted ideas to impressionable minds? Do you have to cause wars and mass genocide? Where exactly does FSM draw the line between "flawed, but well-intended human" and "Objectively bad person"?

I understand that Pastafarianism is a flexible belief system. Different people may have different answers to these questions. And that's fine. I'm just asking for YOUR answers to these questions. I've read up on this, and I want to believe FSM is truly a kind, loving entity. Honestly, I do. The idea of a religion that doesn't promote hatred, bigotry, or ridiculous outdated rules is attractive to me. A humble entity who doesn't demand worship and promotes love and acceptance is attractive to me. I want to embrace that into my life. But until I understand these questions and concerns, I don't think I can. But maybe they can. Which is why I've come here, asking for answers. Maybe this religion is right for me, and maybe it isn't. But I need your help to discern that it is.

A big thanks to anybody in advance who can help me understand these dilemmas.

Maybe I won't be saying this in the future, but what the Pastafarian Hell. I'll bite, just this once, if nothing else.

R'amen.

Cardinal Fang
Lord of Linguini

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:28 pm

Welcome bblader1

I'm sure there's lots of people who'd like to help answer your questions, but may I suggest posting them again in the "All Things FSM" section, where more people might read them

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

bblader1
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bblader1 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:40 pm

You may. I'll repost there.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:20 pm

bblader1 wrote:You may. I'll repost there.

Thankyou. If I'd tried to move it there I'd probably have destroyed the forums given previous experience :idiot:
Don't let the mechanics of beer trick you into thinking you are some kind of warrior, eating barbed wire on the wave of violent disorder. Three words: cage, wheel, hamster - Jason Williamson

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Rev_Boltolini
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Rev_Boltolini » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:23 pm

I recently became an ordained minister of the Church of the FSM. May His noddley appendage grace you all.
I live in the mid-Atlantic region of the US and will be spreading His word like a good marinara sauce.
RAmen!

whiskeylover
Conchigliette Convert

Postby whiskeylover » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello from Massachusetts! :lech:

May you be blessed by the wearer of the holy colander.

Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.
Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby Roy Hunter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

whiskeylover wrote:Hello from Massachusetts! :lech:

MAAAA-SAA-CHOOO-SEEETTTSSSS....

Sorry, my medication is kicking in.

ET will be along soon to welcome you properly. He hates disco.

As for me? I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my feet... Or my mouth... Or my fingers...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.

Nef Yoo BlackBeard
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Nef Yoo BlackBeard » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:52 pm

whiskeylover wrote:Hello from Massachusetts! :lech:

Hullo wiskylustre ,

Are ye shore ye iss onna rite shup cos pyrits dwink rum .
Well come a bored eny way . :welcome:

i wunce war a calendar on me hed but nuffin happend . :confused:

whiskeylover
Conchigliette Convert

Postby whiskeylover » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry my piratese is a bit rusty. :)

Return to “Standards and Practices”