Alternate formats

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Alternate formats

Postby devbanana on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:57 am

Hi,

I wanted to suggest perhaps having some alternate formats for the gospel, other than print. I myself am totally blind so can't really read print, obviously. I was thinking of gtting the gospel anyway and I might be able to scan it (I have software that converts scanned print to text), but I don't know if there are a lot of pictures throughout the text or not, which would make it a bit more difficult.

so, just a suggestion. :) Maybe PDF or something?
This message was brought to you by the pasta-loving banana.
devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Aeger on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:54 pm

We should make an audiobook for that matter, I prefer that format. But I don't know of any being made. An administrator will no doubt be here momentarily, so perhaps they could suggest the idea to a higher authority.
I am anti-"txt talk." I support good grammar. I am part of the "Save the Vowels" movement. For your sanity and mind, type out your damn words.

Thank you
Aeger
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby devbanana on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:03 pm

Aeger wrote:We should make an audiobook for that matter, I prefer that format. But I don't know of any being made. An administrator will no doubt be here momentarily, so perhaps they could suggest the idea to a higher authority.

I was also going to suggest audiobook format, but I figured resources are probably too limited to do something like that.

I bought the book anyway jus to see if I can scan it. I'll be getting it Wednesday so I'll report how that goes. (I'm one for fast shipping, regardless of the matter :))

RAmen
This message was brought to you by the pasta-loving banana.
devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Alternate formats

Postby Parrot on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 am

Look at other religions, they have millions of books related to their 'holy' ones from childrens picture books (coincidentally the current gospel is deemed unsuitable for quite a proportion of followers so perhaps a censored version is needed) to books analyzing the original.

They have their books in many languages and forms, and to be succesful we need to do the same.

Audio book for followers who are unable to read
Censored version for followers to whom the current gospel is unsuitable

Any others?
Parrot
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MonkeysInACan on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 pm

we need a Pop-up book version :D
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby rystrom on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Can we please have some children's books? I was speaking to some kids today and they sounded interested in pastafarianism. I would be glad to help if I can.
rystrom
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Ziggy on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

If we are going to convert it to audio, we will need Morgan Freeman.

His voice is like recording god.
I ♥ mrgreen :mrgreen:
Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ubi Dubium on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:56 am

We also need a small-sized paperback version - like those NT's the fundies give out. It needs to be cheap enough for us to order a bunch and give them out at protests. Best if it has a solid-color cover with the title in gold - so it looks serious from a distance.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien
Ubi Dubium
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Number9 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:59 am

I know this is a old thread, but I just noticed that the Gospel is available as an ebook on Google Play!
Anyone knows if it's an official copy?
Number9
Conchigliette Convert

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion