Our Animals

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Re: Our Animals

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 am

Kitkat !?

I had a calico that I named KitKat , she was something to behold .
The most gorgeous cat I ever took care of . She was a rescue , some heartless so and so left her behind along with a classic tabby .

When I have some more time i'll write up some anecdotes of her antics .
I think you'll enjoy them .
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 pm

My KitKat was also abandoned by a so-and-so! We found her beneath the bushes in front of my house with three kittens, and a fourth was found killed in the yard next door. Two of them disappeared one day, and the remaining one was adopted by my uncle.
!!!@#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. !!!@#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff
Download The Loose Canon, a deliciously holy book compiled by members of Our Noodly Lord's congregation!
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby TwistedSister on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 am

Happy news, sad news......just to save time
BIG {{hugs}} to all you animal lovers and to your pets. Never met an animal lover I didn't like.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.
TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby Roy Hunter on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 am

TwistedSister wrote:Happy news, sad news......just to save time
BIG {{hugs}} to all you animal lovers and to your pets. Never met an animal lover I didn't like.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
TwistedSister wrote:Happy news, sad news......just to save time

I'm guessing she never met that guy.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

OK, now let's look at four dimensions on the blackboard.
-- Dr. Joy

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."
ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby TwistedSister on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 am

Nope, never met Hilter.
Let me rephrase my previous statement, I never actually met in person, an animal lover I didn't like. :moon:
TwistedSister

Postby Elvalia on Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Just an update in a completely different thread than where I orginally mentioned it:

My bunny died right around my birthday. My mother took him in to have him put down when she found him immobile one night. I didn't get to see him again after Christmas, but there was much cuddling at Christmas, it wasn't so bad really.

I have a kitten, I don't know i I told you guys before - I got him in September. I'll post a picture soon. He's a perfect grey tabby with 2 extra toes on each of his feet. I loves me very much and is cuddly as all hell. His name is Senor because hims haz a moustache. He talks a lot, and he loves to hunt mice...

because I now have 2 spiny mice! My best friend had a couple she wanted to get rid of before her cats got to them, so she gave them to me, and I gave them to my brother. We soon discovered that there was one male, and one female... yeah. Two babies, one male and one female, so we split them up accordingly and I took the males to help him out. I did some research on them, then warned my brother that because we waited so long to split them up, his girl was probably pregnant again. Sure enough, just the other day, there were two more babies. Once they're old enuogh, we'll check and I'll take any males. Again, I'll post pictures. Their names are Han and Chewy - the little one is Han, and the big one is Chewy - Chewy bit me once when I caught him after he escaped. They love to eat bacon and especially chicken.

And, lastly, I realised after I got the mice that I really missed my hamster (remember Soulja Boy, anyone?), I actually ended up going and getting one of those as well. Her name is Mrs. Burns (like Mr. Burns, but female), and she's the friendliest hamster ever. She loves strawberries and carrots.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:
Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby TwistedSister on Mon May 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Sorry about your bunny El........but glad about your new kitten!!!
Miss seeing you.....hope life is good for you, how can it not be? {{hugs}}
TwistedSister

Postby Roland Deschain on Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your bunny, El. At least you did manage to give him plenty of cuddles over Christmas. They really do appreciate the love we give them.

Elvalia wrote:And, lastly, I realised after I got the mice that I really missed my hamster (remember Soulja Boy, anyone?), I actually ended up going and getting one of those as well. Her name is Mrs. Burns (like Mr. Burns, but female), and she's the friendliest hamster ever. She loves strawberries and carrots.

Eeeexcellent!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Ok , loike ... dis story gotta be troo ... me matey , " Dave" , hasa tree yeer ole mutt . Aboot two moons ago Davy left a quarter on his beerow top . Mutt ate thee whole quad ! Parentlee thee mutt loves thee flavour of thee stuff and was dopey for most of thee day . Oi bet he got the munchies an wint to towne ... HAR!

Well thee mutt loves gittin stoned now and poor ole Davy gunna have one hellava tyme hidding herbs frum a mutts nose .... HAR !

How meny tymes doz oi haffa tell 'im to put that stuff aweigh when yunglings be aboot ?
Tsk tsk .... sum peeples' kids ....
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 am

Our Hamster "Jerry" is getting really old and jittery now but he's hanging on in there...he keeps falling over...just like an old person really.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Tigger_the_Wing on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 am

So sorry about your bunny, El. We'll miss him - he was a big part of this forum (remember when we all had variations of his pic as avatars?!). I'm so glad you had a great Christmas with him.

Sad to say, Lachlan is no longer with us. He got suddenly very poorly and had a distressing fit, so (since we had already been contemplating the Big Sleep, as he was becoming senile) he got taken to the vet that same day.

And Shadow, our collie x German Shepherd, the last of the pets we left with our daughter in Ireland, has gone too. :cry:

It isn't fair, that we live for decades and they don't.

Katie is still happy and healthy. I must post some more pics. And perhaps an account here for her? Milo could probably do with the company.
Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 am

Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Milo could probably do with the company.
We are moving house in a month or so, to a place with a proper garden (as opposed to a communal back green full of other people's dogs**t, and teenagers drinking). Milo will be getting some more company once we have moved. Mrs. H. is already browsing the Dogs Trust and SSPCA shelters.
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter

Postby black bart on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:46 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:Milo could probably do with the company.
We are moving house in a month or so, to a place with a proper garden (as opposed to a communal back green full of other people's dogs**t, and teenagers drinking). Milo will be getting some more company once we have moved. Mrs. H. is already browsing the Dogs Trust and SSPCA shelters.

My first thought was...NOOOOOO...you can't put Milo in an SSPCA shelter!!!! Then I realised you are looking for a girl Milo :lech:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 am

black bart wrote:Then I realised you are looking for a girl Milo :lech:
Not necessarily a girl Milo - he has been 'seen to' after all... I just hope we can find a companion that either doesn't bully him, or doesn't get bullied by him. We will keep you informed.
Roy Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Discussion