Pirate v. climate change - a theory

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pirate v. climate change - a theory

Postby zensho on Sun May 06, 2007 12:49 pm

There can be aboslutely no doubt that there is a direct correlation between diminshing number of pirates and an increase of global warming. The question now is, WHY?

I have a theory.

The seas, of course, have energy in the form of heat and waves. Long ago, when many, many Pirates were on the seas, the wave energy was dissipated into pirate ships. Likewise, the heat was disspitated into priate ships and got rid of by their sails.

Now with less Pirate ships on the seas, where does the heat and wave energy go? The waves find an oultlet on UK beaches. That's why cliffs and so on are being deroded and houses falling into the sea. It also explains increasing sea levels. The heat energy, of course, is being sent to the lands, and that explains why UK is becoming very hot in the Summer (especially at sea-side resorts).

Easy solution to Global Warming - Bring back PIRATES.
zensho
Ziti Zealot

Postby This Is Not My Name on Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm

I was under the impression that the FSM simply likes pirates. When pirate numbers started declining FSM used His Noodly Appendage to warm the earth, until the pirate population re-emerges, that is.
This is not a signature AND this statement is false.
This Is Not My Name
Ziti Zealot

Postby EarthRise on Sun May 06, 2007 7:38 pm

Yeah, that reason is not scientific enough, and far too mechanistic, what with transfer and dissipation of kinetic energy.

You see, the true scientific reason is that the FSM is punishing us for driving out the pirates.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby zensho on Mon May 07, 2007 7:39 am

WEll, as I said, it is JUST a theory.
zensho
Ziti Zealot

Postby PantyGnawer on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:18 am

PG sneaks in and steals all your rum
PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Re:

Postby Ham Nox on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 pm

zensho wrote:WEll, as I said, it is JUST a theory.

No, it's an IDEA. Evolution is a theory. A theory must have a well-established base of evidence.
Bayes Theorum:
............................P(X|A) * P(A)
P(A|X) = -----------------------------------
...............P(X|A) * P(A) + P(X|~A) * P(~A)

If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return?
Margot Fonteyn

~*L'Nox ti notve*~
Ham Nox
Mystic of Meatball

Return to Pirate Discussion