21%
Yarrr, yeah before Oi wuz ship-napped
29%
No-ho-ho ye scruffy bag-o-weevils
51%

Total votes : 63

Re: Talk Like A Landlubber Day - Sept 20

Postby black bart on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 am

Oh dear oh dear what an absolute disgrace...the Chinese team have been accused of cheating in the ladies triathlon...they've been hiding their dumplings.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:45 am

How disgraceful. They're an utter shower.

On a happier note, I hear that Team GB have won their first gold medal. It was won by the coxless ladies. I must be getting a smidgeon out of touch, I didn't realise there was any other kind.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Roland Deschain on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 am

My good sir, obviously you have never taken tiffin in one of the more infamous bars in Bangkok. One recommends this for your worldly education, and post haste!
Roland Deschain - Half prophet, half gunslinger, all Pastafarian!

"Since Alexander Pearce escaped, over 250 people have disappeared in the Tasmanian wilderness. No remains have ever been found." - Dying Breed
Roland Deschain
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:38 am

Bangkok? My word Sir Roland...is there such a location...one had thought this referred to a form of accident which could befall one whilst showing the Scullery Maid how to play croquet.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:58 am

Indeed, Sir Bart. There are many types of sports injuries that can be inflicted upon one's person. Have you ever suffered a shuttlecock injury? It tends to make one's eyes water.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

Indeed Lord Spot, it does make ones eyes water...I must teach the Scullery Maid that sport as well, she'll simply love it as the shuttlecock goes up and down, up and down ad infinitum. It's only a matter of deciding whether we play outdoors or indoors or even al fresco.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby la la on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am

What a useful and versatile Scullery Maid you seem to have, Sir Bart! You really must tell us how you found her - good help is lamentably hard to come by these days. Although I have recently acquired a wonderful new hedge-trimmer by the name of Ramone. Such a pleasure to have around the place, and one does so enjoy meeting exotic new people - they have such novel ways of doing things!
"There's a hell of a good universe next door, let's go!" e e cummings

"And the new day was a great big fish." Terry Pratchett

"WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?" Terry Pratchett (yes again, I'm afraid. He's my absolute favourite author)
la la
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby black bart on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am

Ramone...one has to ponder Lady La...and I dare say tis the influence of such foul and debauched literature as "Pride and Prejudice" and "Fifty Shades of Agnes Grey"...is he Ramone by name and Ramone by nature?
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Roy Hunter on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm not sure I know what this Ramone fellow looks like. Can you pick him out of this line-up, Lady La?

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby DaveL on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:46 am

Ah quite so Lord Spot,

I hear Mr Ramone and his brothers were minstrels of great fame, at that commoner public establishment, 'The Drunken Mermaid'.

My kitchen servants were right "into them", and were punished for growing their hair too long, after several turned up in my soup.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby black bart on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:22 am

My word Sir Dave...there is some confusion tween Viscount Hunter's dark Satanic Avatar and Lord Spot's dark satanic Avatar is there not?

One seems to have injured oneself trying to get a better view of the Beach Volley Ball...one is just orf to see the Dark Satanic Nurse.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby The Black Spot on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 am

Commiserations, Sir Bart. I am distressed to learn that you damaged your coccyx while watching the beach volleyball. A recurring injury of yours, I understand.

Earl Dave's confusion between Viscount Hunter and myself is quite understandable, as we look rather similar when lurking behind a hedge.
The Black Spot
Stripmeister

Postby Roy Hunter on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 am

Must I repeat myself? I wasn't lurking, I was only behind that hedge to adjust my clothing.

The laundry maid just happened by at the wrong moment and misinterpreted things...

Then again, she does wash my sheets...
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Postby black bart on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Marvellous. Whilst I was visiting the Nurse I happened to mention my latest book on the Middle East which seems to have got me in a spot of bother with the Extremists...the nurse asked if I had caused a Jihad...I said "Fatwa" and she hit me with a warming pan!
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby DaveL on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes indeed good Sir.

I do believe Lord Spot's avatar looks similar to something I spied through my telescope, when Lady Baines-Borthwick and her young manservant went for a "stroll" in the forest last week.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pirate Discussion