Cookbook, Anyone?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Cookbook, Anyone?

Postby The Gavin on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:30 am

I'm utterly new to the faith, but I have wholly embraced it and found His Noodly Goodness to be most spiritually fulfilling and rather tasty. i'm sure the idea has been broached before, but why don't we have a cookbook of worshipful (or not) awesomesauce pasta recipes? There's such a great food section already, if it was published and endorsed by the Prophet, more money would be generated for the heathen-converting pirate ship. (which would be amazing, if ever completed, even if the Prophet was being facetious) I'd like to know when this has been suggested before and why it never worked out, because I can't be the first one to think of this.

RAmen

In fact, I think I'll go have some
The Gavin
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Cookbook, Anyone?

Postby lari on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:07 pm

I totally agree with you, we already have the cooking section, anyways... :)
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Postby Marinara Minister on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:39 am

I'll third this motion. Certainly someone has the connections with a publisher. Let us cry out for His Noodlieness to be raised up in cookbook form!
Proof of FSM's Greatness:

"Flying Spaghetti Monster" has thousands, if not dozens, of Spaghetigrams.

"God" has but one: Dog.
Marinara Minister
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Edd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

I'm afraid an editor is going to be harder to find than a publisher. I'd love to volunteer, but I have no credentials and very little spare time.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!
Edd
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Roy Hunter on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:59 pm

Cookbook? Forget it - you're aiming too low!

In the UK, we have a bit of a backlash against fast food and the obesity epidemic, and there are lots of cookery programmes about healthy home-cooked food, some of which (Jamie's school dinners) have a distinctly political agenda. They are getting good ratings.

I say we go for a combination food / lifestyle / politics / religious programme and do 13 weeks of something like 'Pirate Pasta Cuisine'. What do you think?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cynical or cruel; but I am, so that's how it comes out." ~ Bill Hicks.
"To argue with a person who has renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead." ~ Thomas Paine.
"One should not believe everything one reads on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln.
"If you're making a political point wearing a balaclava, you're a c***. It was true for the IRA and it's true now." ~ daftbeaker.
Roy Hunter
If it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Location: It's the place where you are, but that's not important right now.

Return to The Cause