Weighing in in the Politcal Circus

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Care to second the motion?

Aye!
88%
Nah
13%

Total votes : 8

Weighing in in the Politcal Circus

Postby Kendergirl on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 am

I would like to propose a letter to Sarah Palin, congratulating her on her support of teaching alternative theories of evolution and thanking her for opening the door to teaching FSM in schools across the entire nation. A letter posted on the internet (written by a well-known, published author/high priest/religion founder who has maybe composed such authoritative missives before) could also be shared with newspapers across the states. Not only would it spread the word of our faith but it would raise awareness of the dangerous views of this new political player, all in a delightfully entertaining way.
Kendergirl
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Weighing in in the Politcal Circus

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:38 pm

What might be more entertaining (although we probably aren't best to execute this) is a letter from a Muslim IDer.

Same basic letter, perhaps much like ones she gets anyway from Christian IDers, only replace 'God' or 'FSM' with Allah.

See how well that goes over.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:18 am

You could do ones from all the religions - see of we can get one from the IPU lot and the Church of the Serrenical Ferret.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Flying Prime-Minister

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:34 am

Flying Political Circus word for word:
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev was blocked yestarday in a cabin lift in Rila Mountain (the highest in the Balkan Peninsula) over damage in the leading mechanism. The cabins of the Bulgarian state officials were hanging about 30 meters above the ground level for more than one hour.
(The lift is wrongful and it has been recently constructed as part of ski center Kartala, just above the area, which was partly destroyed by forest fire last week.)
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:
Andrey Kurtenkov
Chitarra Captain

Postby Apostateabe on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 am

Palin as Alaska governor candidate in debate: "Teach both. You know, don't be afraid of information. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

Classic newbie politician mistake. You are on the stump answering unforeseen questions, and you answer a question in a way that the majority of voters would approve. But there is the minority of angry science lovers, scientists, and academics whose advocacy hinges on whether or not they think you are a blithering idiot who wants to take everyone back to the bronze age--they become a very significant voting and activist block, because the passion is on their side.

Palin a few days later in interview: "I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum... It's OK to let kids know that there are theories out there. They gain information just by being in a discussion."

And Palin never pushed the issue when she became governor. She should not receive the embarrassment that FSM advocacy brings.
Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause