Bringing his noodley greatness to College

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Bringing his noodley greatness to College

Postby spaghetti_hippie on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:53 am

So I have been at my school for two years now and have found that the only religion that is represented here is Catholicism. I am trying to come up with ways to spread his noodley word around the school and hopefully bring other students to see the light. If anyone has any ideas on events or methods of spreading the word I am definately willing to listen. :fsm:
Let his noodley appendage always guide your way,
The Spaghetti Hippie
spaghetti_hippie
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Bringing his noodley greatness to College

Postby ralphie on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:40 am

Unfortunately, while your enthusiasm is much appreciated, you could be going against the First of the eight "I really would rather you didn'ts" if you aren't careful. It states as follows:
I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject.
I guess if you just posted flyers or something that let people know about the website, that might be o.k. BTW, there are brochures and flyers that you can print and pass out that are on the website. I think they are under the "Materials" section.
ralphie
Ziti Zealot

Postby spaghetti_hippie on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:09 pm

I don't understand how it can be construed as "holier-than-thou", I am just promoting an alternative view that those at the college can choose to listen to if they want to. I am not trying to shove the ideas down their throats, I am just trying to set up a way for others to see how different religions have ideas that are valid. The only idea I see here is spread his word with flyers or pamphlets but that sounds to me like what mormons do to shove their religion down the throats of those around them. Does anyone here ever try to set up a time for a communal meeting of believers to indulge in his likeness and speak in the piratey language handed down by FSM? Or maybe just bring pasta to those around them so they too can see the greatness? Why is the answer always flyers or pamphlets and not spaghetti dinners and pirate takeovers of school?

Actually coming up with reasons things are so traditional has given me ideas on what do to. . .to be posted on later when accomplished or failed horribly. Thank you for questioning my methods, it would have taken me forever to come to the conclusions I did.
Let his noodley appendage always guide your way,
The Spaghetti Hippie
spaghetti_hippie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby VHSBD on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:41 am

My and a mate thought about starting some sort of Pastafarian club. But we couldn't actually come up with anything for the club to do, which would mean we wouldn't have any reason to make people give us money.
VHSBD
Ziti Zealot

Postby MonkeysInACan on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:33 am

ralphie wrote:Unfortunately, while your enthusiasm is much appreciated, you could be going against the First of the eight "I really would rather you didn'ts" if you aren't careful. It states as follows:
I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject.
I guess if you just posted flyers or something that let people know about the website, that might be o.k. BTW, there are brochures and flyers that you can print and pass out that are on the website. I think they are under the "Materials" section.

Thats just not the case Ralphie. If you read the gospel you would know that Bobby has an entire chapter on how to actively convert people from other faiths. To convert mormons he says you should knock on their doors early in the morning and bring orange soda, he says they should appreciate that. Also Pastafarians have flimsy moral standards and the "I really would rather you didn'ts" are more suggestions than actual rules. :fsm_yarr:
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7
MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cardinal Fang on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

I think it's more a case of not forcing it down people's throats. Just handing out leaflets, dressing up as a pirate etc should be OK. It's if you start saying "you must believe...", "you're going to hell if you don't believe..." or "my religion is the only one" etc that you fall foul of the 8 WRYD'sl.

Don't forget the Pastafarian special offer - try our religion for 30 days. If you don't like it, you can go back to your old brand guilt free.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:18 pm

I run the Rutgers New Brunswick Chapter of the Rutgers Pastafarians. I've been at it a year and a half, the ball just finally got rolling. Me and my associate at Rutgers Camden made facebook groups and gather up a handful of members. I got barely enough to get our organization recognized by the college. Flyers have been useless for me, pamplets haven't been real useful either. My plan now is to advertise in the classified section of the school newspaper to get to more people. Patience is the key.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to The Cause