School Groups

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

School Groups

Postby IgnorantBliss on Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Greetings. Long time worshiper, first time writer.

I'm trying to create a student group dedicated to keeping creationism out of the science classroom in Louisiana and possibly other Church/State Separation issues. It depends on the what the membership thinks is important. For further reading check http://lasciencecoalition.org/ or read up on the Louisiana Science Education Act.

One of the avenues I have thought about pursuing to realize such a group is to basically make it an FSM organization. Perhaps with a cheeky name like, "Reformed Church of Levitating Pasta".

Is there a precedent for doing this with FSM? I saw the open copyright information - are there any legal problems with using the FSM logo/name/material? If I embarrass myself would you guys just pretend to not know me? If I form my own breakaway sect will you burn me at the stake? Just like my real friends...

Anyway, let me know!
IgnorantBliss
Conchigliette Convert

Re: School Groups

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 pm

IgnorantBliss wrote:Greetings. Long time worshiper, first time writer.

I'm trying to create a student group dedicated to keeping creationism out of the science classroom in Louisiana and possibly other Church/State Separation issues. It depends on the what the membership thinks is important. For further reading check http://lasciencecoalition.org/ or read up on the Louisiana Science Education Act.

One of the avenues I have thought about pursuing to realize such a group is to basically make it an FSM organization. Perhaps with a cheeky name like, "Reformed Church of Levitating Pasta".

Is there a precedent for doing this with FSM? I saw the open copyright information - are there any legal problems with using the FSM logo/name/material? If I embarrass myself would you guys just pretend to not know me? If I form my own breakaway sect will you burn me at the stake? Just like my real friends...

Anyway, let me know!

Oi doon nose 'bout thee mateys , but oim goona fergit ye as soon as possibull . :wink:
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering times of innocence
Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Re: School Groups

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:48 pm

I started a chapter of the Church of the FSM at Rutgers University called the Rutgers Pastafarians (I know, very creative). We've been around for a year and a half, using the Church's name, logo, etc and we haven't had a problem yet. The Church is a pretty laid back organization so I doubt you'd have any trouble. If you've got any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Return to The Cause