A plea for the future of FSM education...

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

A plea for the future of FSM education...

Postby Rozzer on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:29 pm

Hello! New Convert! I searched the boards but I couldn't find this topic.

Obviously we want to continue efforts to have Pastafarianism accepted and taught along side other theories in our public schools, but what about establishing private FSM schools so that FSM families have a place to send their children where they will have an education that that incorporates his noodly doctrine into the entire curriculum?

Similarly, we ought to consider a campaign to advocate the inclusion of FSM instruction in higher education. I’m envisioning the creation of an endowed chair of FSM studies at several major universities.

Also, we ought to think about technical or vocational training for those interested in FSM related careers. If we are ever going to reverse the trend of global warming we need to do more than have devout FSM disciples dress up as pirates. We will need professional pirates who are highly skilled in sailing, plundering, and scally-wagging if piracy is to be reinstated.

Finally, we ought to encourage research and educational programs that will further our understanding of scientific facts that prove His existence.

Just a few thoughts....
Ha! Put that in your pope and smike it!
Rozzer
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Naturally, the state should provide vouchers for those who want to send their kids to these schools instead of public schools.

Welcome! You might wanna check out the new convert thread in the start here forum.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

Postby Latentk on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:18 am

Its good hearing other Pastafarians seeting up long term goals like yourself. Im not sure of actual schools, but a great project would be setting up a FSM Educational website.

Things a FSM Educational Website Could Offer:

-Complete text, translations, excerpts, and notes on The Gospel of FSM

-A place for Pastafarians to congregate and share their knowledge to further the general state of all Pastafarians

-Could provide excellent support for Pastafarians who know they grew weary of their ways and need some guidance

-Could be a great intro to FSM for young and old converts alike

-Could organize and post offical Scriptures and Lore as they are found

-Provide breaking news on the forefront of the fight to win FSM a spot in education

-AN EXCELLENT INTRODUCTION SIMPLE PEOPLE FOLLOWING A NEWS ARTICLE CAN FOLLOW

I would really like the idea of a Educational FSM website, no money involved whatsoever, just a way for all Pastafarians to learn (kind of like the Library of the Vatican only ours can be online).

Bobby would have to explicitly OK the part of putting an E version of the gospel up. Or maybe just parts?

Anyways, I woud like to help if anyones interested.
Oderint dum metuant.
Latentk
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Alpaca on Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:01 pm

Such an educational website could simply be an extension of the current Venganza one.
Alpaca
Go-To Guy

It appears to me

Postby Scruffy05 on Mon May 01, 2006 1:56 am

Actually it seems many of those items are covered in at least SOME depth already throughout the site.

As for adding the gospel of FSM free of charge to the site, it would make selling it in bookstores rather... redundant. Possibly if we could move excerpts from it to a specific page within the site.

BTW, the addition of the hate mail from religious and conservative fanatics (fanatical enough to write hate mail) is birlliant and only strengthens our case.

Does anybody know what our official numbers are up to? I have heard over a million but I don't know if we can verify it. Maybe I should start canvassing my local area a bit and bringing in a strong BC Pastafarian connection. I noticed there were a bunch from Chilliwack but we need some Okanagan representation as well as this are is fairly conservative and COULD attempt to bring in biblical creation... Until then I will see what I can do for the other areas;)

Is there currently a list of all the districts which have implemented, are trying to implement or otherwise support ID being taught in schools? I need to know how many letters I have to write. :D
- Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.
Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: It appears to me

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 01, 2006 11:06 am

Scruffy05 wrote:Does anybody know what our official numbers are up to? I have heard over a million but I don't know if we can verify it. Maybe I should start canvassing my local area a bit and bringing in a strong BC Pastafarian connection. I noticed there were a bunch from Chilliwack but we need some Okanagan representation as well as this are is fairly conservative and COULD attempt to bring in biblical creation... Until then I will see what I can do for the other areas;)

If the rest of the Okanagan is like Vernon, the Conservatives have a hold because 60% of the people who actually vote are over 60 years old. But it's good to keep an eye on the situation. You should be able to find plenty of receptive ears out there, though.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

60?

Postby Scruffy05 on Mon May 01, 2006 12:02 pm

Only 60%? Man, Vernon is young and progressive compared to Kelowna! :wink: Have you ever tried driving in this town? The only reason people do is because it is safer than walking.

I know from personal experience that I can run a yellow to close to the point where I think I just illegally ran a read, and when I look behind me for cops all I see are three cadillacs that followed me through, and not a head to be seen; just a steering wheel with knuckles clicnhed white to them, and occasionally the white of a hair-bun poxing up between them.

Scary... Anyways, work time. Later!
- Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.
Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Return to The Cause