To Hippie Pirate...

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

To Hippie Pirate...

Postby A Free Mind on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:06 am

To Hippie Pirate: Considering I go to college in Berkeley, and have traveled and have studied in more countries than U.S. states you have even been to, that yes, I have read a few history books. I didn’t say Jesus wasn’t an actual person. I was simply pointing out that there is a big difference between the historical fact about Jesus’ life and the mythology that was applied to him at the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D., largely by the Roman Emperor Constantine. If you were actually familiar with historical facts then you too would know that the story of the son of god being sent to earth, born of a virgin, dying to atone for the sins of mankind, and then rising again is an extremely close variation of the mythological story of Mithras, whom was the savor and son of god for the pagan cult known as Mithraism (c. 100 B.C.) Just to mention a few of the writings about Mithras that were around 100 years before the birth of Jesus, Mithras was born from a virgin, twelve followers, killed and resurrected in three days, performed miracles, birth date on December 25, taught morality, mankind's savior, known as the Light of the world and as the son of God. These very same attributes given to Mithras were taken from Zoroastrianism’s prophet Zoroaster (1,000 B.C.) The truth is that this same mythological life story of a savor and son of god has been passed down from religion to religion. This is the same tale that the Greek Empire took from the Egyptian Empire’s mythology. The Egyptian Sun God, Horus’ life story (3,000 B.C.) is nearly a mirror image to the story that Constantine accredited to Jesus in 325 A.D. To say that this mythology originated with Jesus is like saying that the General Motors Corporation invented the wheel. Besides, Buddhism’s own manuscripts (580 B.C.) that describe Prince Siddhartha a.k.a. Buddha’s life, tell that Buddha performed the exact same “miraclesâ€￾ and teachings that Catholicism claims Jesus did; what an amazing coincidence. Oh and another thing, Jesus never claimed to be anything more than a man. May be you should read his words (they’re in red) in the Bible. It was in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea that Jesus was first made out to be the son of god. If I am wrong about any of this then by all means prove me wrong; try starting at a library (there are real history books there).

P.S. The moon IS made of cheese : ) Don't worry for I am an all knowing being, for my father is the FSM.
FSM's Only Begotten Son
A Free Mind
Ziti Zealot

Postby EarthRise on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:39 am

Your words drip with condescension.

Might I point out that these observations only support the notion that the image of Christ was inflated to fill prophecies and images held by the existing populace. This does nothing to support or argue the existence of a real man Jesus of Nazareth, who, by all means, might have walked the earth as a priest (maybe even slightly delusional, to think he was divine, but really, who wasn't in that day and age?) and might have stunned the religious powers at the time with his amazing comprehension of philosophy.

After all, Achilles might not have been dipped in the Styx, but he probably was a damn good warrior.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby ChowMein on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:05 pm

EarthRise wrote:Your words drip with condescension.

Might I point out that these observations only suppo....prehension of phil...

After all, Achilles might not have been dipped in the Styx, but he probably was a damn good warrior.

Wot! He wasn't dropped in Thee Sticks!? Ha! ...that poppy mite be fersum on lan' ...complaint da 'ole tyme cumin up 'ere !

Wot wid all iz whining an' moanin'...hid oan dum fault...runnin' round 'alf neckit rat bone poked throu' hid 'eel ....

"Oh ma foot ! oh ma foot ! Oim gonna die! " ... Whet use he gonna be inna sea battel uh ask ye !....

Whet a commoshun he put up !

That pup got lot ove nerve...wot wid 'em dancin' anna prancin' abowt when half thee crew gittin' bye wid peglegs...

" Son ove...surry gents romg tred..anudder mug barkeep....."

[edit :ta repArr sum grammarr an spellin]
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby DaveL on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Reads a bit like a dissertation to me. It sounds like you've got 'Constructive Essay Writing 101' on the brain. Don't patronise the members here with your ill-claimed superior knowledge. I won't read your argument - not until your attitude and conduct here improves.

Yes, we can all spot when someone is wearing an ass-hat, so take off your sombrero 'Mr I go to Berkely (nah,nah nah, nah!)'

You've got us all reaching into our academic holsters to pull out our travel experience and degrees as well. But you know we won't..we are having too much fun watching you make a complete twat of yourself.
Manatee Singles

www.hotdugong.com
DaveL
Site Admin

Postby Lazor on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:12 pm

I go to Richards Middle School, and have studied and lived in more states of matter than you.

Drop the the "Son of FSM" thing 'less you be smited by Thine Pasta Lord.
Lazor
Ziti Zealot

Postby Clifford on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 pm

Intreguing, but cease the herecy! :)
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen
Clifford
Brewmeister

Postby MPTrooper on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:25 am

Iron Roger Vane wrote:Intreguing, but cease the herecy! :)

Unless I'm missing a joke, isn't it heresy?
MPTrooper

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:51 am

It's also "Intriguing".
Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby ChowMein on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:05 am

Uh doan sea nuttin rong wid Irun RogARRs ritin ?
Quote :" ARRR! GAGAGAGA ! , ...de sailin' loife fer me. ARR! GAGAGAGAGa....arr gagaga.....a...". (Popeye The Sailor)
ChowMein
Humble Hermit

Postby Hippie Pirate on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:44 am

I would like to know why you deemed it so important to create an entire thread for me. As much as I like gifts, I am afraid I must decline yours.

PS I know the moon is made of cheese.
Reducing global warming since 1989.

Rev Points at the moment = 4
Hippie Pirate
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby EarthRise on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:38 am

Hippie Pirate wrote:PS I know the moon is made of cheese.

Fail.

It's one big Cheeto.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin
EarthRise
Hox God

Postby Auntie Blackbeard on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:35 am

DaveL wrote:Reads a bit like a dissertation to me. It sounds like you've got 'Constructive Essay Writing 101' on the brain. Don't patronise the members here with your ill-claimed superior knowledge. I won't read your argument - not until your attitude and conduct here improves.

Yes, we can all spot when someone is wearing an ass-hat, so take off your sombrero 'Mr I go to Berkely (nah,nah nah, nah!)'

You've got us all reaching into our academic holsters to pull out our travel experience and degrees as well. But you know we won't..we are having too much fun watching you make a complete twat of yourself.

YARR Davy ! yarr...

Ahoy Free mind !...It hath cometh to me attention that ye be a man ove letters and packets of truth saying...ye be in need of a berth... well me foine yonge bucko...Perfesser TaiChi 's seat is still vacant at thee moment in thee pyrates forum ....

I am certain thou woulst enjoy yer stay , we woulde love to have ye fer a meal , perhaps ye might stay awhile...many a pyrate has been asking me to bring back another Taichi ...

Please sail into the pyrates forum and man that ship ! ye may ask any pyrate where it be moored...they be desperate for an interpetarr...no body is able to understand Chow or Cap Dan....

Yers , Aunty Bb
Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Return to The Cause