Critique and/or criticize my letter, help me improve

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Critique and/or criticize my letter, help me improve

Postby c_felix on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:41 pm

I cut and pasted this from MSWord, so ya know, if all those little annoying characters pop up...well...uh...He messed with the internal workings of my machine with his Noodly Appendages.

This is something I send to school board members who are in favor of exposing children to other theories.

So...do we like? Do we dislike? What can I do to make better? Ya know...that horrible term of "constructive criticism."

--------

As the subject line states, I'm with you...I like the idea of introducing more topics and/or topics with a different point of view to help 'balance' things out. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has a 'lock' on the correct idea. No one has a 'lock' on the correct theory. (At least to the best of my knowledge...)

Apart from teaching Intelligent Design (ID) to help balance out Evolution, I would suggest that other alternate theories/ideas are also taught.

May I suggest a few...

-Gravity is at odds with the second law of thermodynamics. They work towards different goals. Gravity helps order things, while the second law of thermodynamics states that everything is working towards disorder. Imagine 10 bowling balls floating around in space. Eventually, gravity will bring the balls together. There is more order in this system. One clump of balls is a more ordered system than 10 balls spread out. Why would gravity make things clump together (a more ordered system) when the second law of thermodynamics states that the balls should not clump together and there should be disorder? The only conclusion is that one idea is wrong. I believe, among others, that gravity is wrong. We believe that an intelligent being is pushing or pulling things together. This is called "Intelligent Falling." "Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees in education, applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts University. Those of us who believe in Intelligent Falling advocate that Intelligent Falling should be taught in school along with the theory of gravity so that students can make "an informed decision."

-Another alternate theory: The moon is made of cheese.

I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
C. Felix
-Perhaps the Beatles were right; maybe all we need is love-
c_felix
Ziti Zealot

Return to The Cause