Celebrity Pastafarians

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Re: Celebrity Pastafarians

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:42 pm

Josh M wrote:Great, this will really help our publicity, thanks!

Just doing my part.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

"With Him, All Things are Pasta-Bowl."
-ProvHerbs 3:35
Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby yargh ye landlubbers on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:07 pm

by Platypus Enthusiast on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Josh M wrote:
If we can get comedians to tell jokes in favor of Pastafarianism then that would bring about a lot more people then expected, after all everyone loves comedians.

I actually just wrote to some semi-famous comedians, Mike Birbiglia, Dave Attell, and Mitch Fatel, asking them to join up. So I'll see how that goes.

Mitch Fatel is hilarious
"The more we learn about the world around us, the more we see that life and the universe were created in His image. From interconnected forces on the grandest of scales, down to matter's tiniest bits, we see His Noodliness in everything."
- The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
RAmen
yargh ye landlubbers
Ziti Zealot

Postby Josh M on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:21 pm

yargh ye landlubbers wrote:
by Platypus Enthusiast on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Josh M wrote:
If we can get comedians to tell jokes in favor of Pastafarianism then that would bring about a lot more people then expected, after all everyone loves comedians.

I actually just wrote to some semi-famous comedians, Mike Birbiglia, Dave Attell, and Mitch Fatel, asking them to join up. So I'll see how that goes.

Mitch Fatel is hilarious

I haven't heard him yet. Where is he from?
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Mitch Fatel's been on an episode of Comedy Central Presents and I believe he's been on Howard Stern quite a few times. So not much, but there's a lot of speculation he could be the next big thing in stand-up.
Check out an official Pastafarian holy book, the Loose Canon: http://loose-canon.fsm-consortium.com/the-loose-canon/

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Aedeus on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Dont we already have Moby?
"In the beginning there was nothing and he said 'Let there be light', and there was still nothing but everybody could see it."
Aedeus
Ziti Zealot

Postby BenDover on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:49 pm

I think if we were to get a Comedian we should go for maybe Dane Cook, or Jim Gaffigan. Jerry Seinfeld would be good, but since Seinfeld was canceled no one would care.
I create, therefore I am.
We eat spaghetti, therefore He is.
BenDover
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Josh M on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:42 pm

BenDover wrote:I think if we were to get a Comedian we should go for maybe Dane Cook, or Jim Gaffigan. Jerry Seinfeld would be good, but since Seinfeld was canceled no one would care.

The first two I totally agree with. But we would never be able to get Jerry Seinfeld in. He's Jewish, and proud of it. We should just let him be.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Platypus Enthusiast on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 pm

BenDover wrote:I think if we were to get a Comedian we should go for maybe Dane Cook, or Jim Gaffigan. Jerry Seinfeld would be good, but since Seinfeld was canceled no one would care.

I think Jim Gaffigan woud be good. I don't like Dane Cook anymore, and I think less and less people like him too. He steals jokes and it way to much of a sellout. Seinfeld wouldn't be a bad idea, although he used to be a into scientology, which could be weird.

Platypus Enthusiast
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby alanpai on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 pm

what we need to do is get a catapult.
fill it with noodles and a coupleof meatballs.
launch it accross some town.
and bingo.
a shitload of believers. :D
i hope the world doesnt randomly explode, that would be a really bad day.
alanpai
Ziti Zealot

Postby Josh M on Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:45 am

alanpai wrote:what we need to do is get a catapult.
fill it with noodles and a coupleof meatballs.
launch it accross some town.
and bingo.
a shitload of believers. :D

Catapults are fun. I've always though about launching watermelon though, but spaghetti would work.
Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cpt Celle on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:25 pm

If our aim is to convert celebs we should first go for their crew. Make-up artists and technicians are often the most honest people they meet, and the people they can be the most honest to. They meet on a level between reality and fiction, it's a professional fantasy world where it's easier to present grand ideas and filosofies. These ideas get laughed at now and again, but they stick. As a freelance theatertechn. I managed to convert about 200 souls from 4 European countries and some of these touring stage folks pledged to proceed spreading the word.
Sanity is in numbers.
Cpt Celle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Wawizzle on Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 pm

You know we could go to a very native island and teach them about His noodliness, and they wouldn't know better and would pick up on it.

I read about a bunch of islands who's religion was that a cargo plane would come and drop off everything they wanted (or along those lines). It was in, I believe, The God Delusion, right?

Too hillarious.
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.
Wawizzle
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Cpt Celle on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:23 pm

I think it's a bit cheap to go after those cargo cult dudes. They aint celebs by far. From tomorow I'm working for the Dutch version of 'Fame'. Check the map for hits from Holland.
Sanity is in numbers.
Cpt Celle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cardinal Fang on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:25 pm

It's a shame Bill Hicks isn't still with us. FSM-ism sounds like the sort of thing he'd like (in that it p*sses off the fundies)

I'm working on converting my friend Fiona, so that she can convert Gareth David-LLoyd (Ianto in Torchwood) whom she knows.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".
Cardinal Fang
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby fueledbycoffee on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:It's a shame Bill Hicks isn't still with us. FSM-ism sounds like the sort of thing he'd like (in that it p*sses off the fundies)

Ah, but he was religious, so you never know. He could go for it, or he could hate it. Dealing with Hicks would be like walking on a knife's edge. Plus, the goal he is to be more mainstream, and Bill Hicks alienated a lot of people.

I'd say Dylan Moran. Everyone loves an alcoholic Irishman, and I think he'd like the whole idea.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.
fueledbycoffee
Mystic of Meatball

PreviousNext

Return to The Cause