Friendster

Wanna get together to pillage something, or just to have a bowl of pasta? Schedule it with your fellow Pastafarians here.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Postby lei on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:24 pm

hey Duke, and any other mac folks,

there is a popular irc client, though i haven't used it and can't advise much. but if you download it and try it i'll do my best by pm.

http://www.ircle.com/

good luck and aloha!

:fsm_yarr:
"In a world of hate, love is the ultimate protest." - Chuck D
lei
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Duke on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:27 pm

You see, I have no clue what I am doing, so I am going to click on that little icon that popped up when I downloaded that Ircle thing.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:02 pm

Duke_
I too have a Mac and am attempting the Java option. (http://fsm.fathertom.net)
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:11 pm

Hmmm. No go, there. I wonder if there are any Yahoo! Groups. They have chatrooms Macs can use. I'll go look...

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:18 pm

I found http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pastafarianism/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flying_spaghetti_monster/, the second of which looks to be more recently active (as of December 12). Both have chatrooms.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 pm

I've been looking at the two of them and I notice that the F_S_M one calls itself a "cult", which I take a certain offense to. Does that bother anyone else, or should I just take a long walk off a short plank? (I know Capellini will set me straight.)

The Pastafarianism Yahoo! group looks more sincere (uh-oh, I'm judging! Sorry), but no-one's written there since October.

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Duke on Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:29 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:Duke_
I too have a Mac and am attempting the Java option. (http://fsm.fathertom.net)

All of this is way too confusing for me.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby tine-is-on-my-side on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Mac Users

Click this link.

Download the disk image to your desktop then mount said disk image. Drag the fodler to your ~/Applications folder via the Finder window, then open folder and launch the XChat application.

If anyone is still reading this thread, I'll try to get screenshots to lead the way for you on the Mac.
It takes 47 muscles to frown and 13 to smile,
but it takes 0 to sit there with a dumb look on your face.
tine-is-on-my-side
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:38 pm

Okay, here I am, and I downloaded that thing.

Now what?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby tine-is-on-my-side on Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:44 am

you'll wanto to make sure that the XChat Aqua icon/folder is now somewhere on your hard drive. You do this by mounting the .dmg file that you downloaded, then dragging the directory into your Applications folder.

After everything has been transferred to your hard drive, you need to open the XChat Aqua application. when this is open you will do the following:

File --> Server List (or Command S)
The Server List is Alphabetized, so scroll down to the E section and Select
"EFnet", and fill out all of the personal information at the top of the
screen <Nick name, Second Choice, etc.>

Click Connect when you have filled out all required information and selected EFNet.

You will now have a plain chat window that runs through all the connection mumbo jumbo until it is connected to the EFnet server. When it has connected you will:

User Menu --> Join Channel...

You will be prompted to choose a channel to join, and you will enter:
#flyingspaghettimonsterism

This should do the trick.

EDIT: I just went through and connected to verify my instructions. It took me a bit of time to connect to the EFnet server, but if you leave the app alone and let it do whatever it does, it will connect you. Just let it get through all the stuff that it has to spit out when it connects you, and then do the User Menu --> Join Channel... #flyingspaghettimonsterism
It takes 47 muscles to frown and 13 to smile,
but it takes 0 to sit there with a dumb look on your face.
tine-is-on-my-side
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Duke on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:11 am

Thanks, Time!

See you there!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Sinoda on Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:26 pm

Last I checked on Google Groups, we were considered "Humor". I ask Bobby, what do we do about this?
What to put here....
Sinoda
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

thanks

Postby MC Pirate on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:28 am

thank you to capellini for starting a friendster...and thanks very much to bobby for starting a phenomenon...i've been gone too long...
Freddie Mercury lives on..."Here we stand, or here we fall/History won't care at all..."
Pastafarians for life
the book of Fearsome Pirate Pete: http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1243
MC Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Adelbert on Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:52 pm

If you prefer, there is a MySpace FSM group for all your worshipping and piratting needs:

MySpace

There's even a member of one of the *OTHER* religions on there, telling everyone how blasphemous it is to "worship food". Obviously, she has not yet seen the true path.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance."

-Hippocrates
Adelbert
Maccheroncelli Missionary

joining friend etc

Postby saxon1 on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:32 pm

:shellfish:
I tried , almost a zillion times and cannot make the verification code entry work. All caps , no caps , some caps. Nada
:(
S
saxon1
Conchigliette Convert

PreviousNext

Return to FSM Gatherings