Religion being taught in my school but not the FSM?

Discuss ways to spread the Word and bring His Noodly Appendage to everybody.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Religion being taught in my school but not the FSM?

Postby Runningblind on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:30 am

Alright so I currently go to a new special 9th grade campus here where I live in the land of Bill Gates. Though this entire year in World Studies we have been covering you guessed it Religion. First we started with Christianity and the likes and now we are onto Taoism and Confucianism. Now as well as this my school also includes GSA (Gay straight alliance), The Christ Club (As I call it) and then we have the Jewish Club. Now when I was joking around and mentioned "Hey why are we learning religion in school" my teacher flipped out and said religion was an important part of culture. This I do not disagree with as it is the truth but I believe that Pastafarienisum is an important part of modern culture and that if we are to teach other religions that the religion of the FSM should be taught as well.

Not only that I am currently trying to drum up ideas to convince my school principle to allow us to make a club dedicated to the FSM. It is my firm belief that we must right this injustice against our religion in the school system. I am as of right now currently searching for a place to purchase a fair amount of eye patches with which I would like to hand out as a promotion for our new club. Of course this club would meet on Friday and we would purchase the holy gospel for all to read. Unfortunately as the school now enters the last quarter of the year I fear my ideas may have come too late but it is my greatest hope that this club will come to actualization.
I wAnT tO bElIeVe
Runningblind
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Runningblind on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:50 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Hi there.

Good luck with your efforts. Have you read our FAQ? We're a little bit different from the book, in that we were growing the religion while Bobby was writing whatever he wrote. Do read that, and introduce yourself in the New Members thread so that everybody will know who you are. (It's a way for us old-timers to see who's new and maybe know a bit about them before we just run across them in threads.)

Welcome to the forums, and if the mod staff can be of help, please let me know.

Alright thanks I'll get around to that a little later. I just wanted to get this off before I go to school tomrrow and try to spread the word. And I havn't read the book myself yet although I hope to get it tomrrow. My idea is based off the main letter which will be a driving factor in my cause for convincing my school. The book would just be a fun thing to do seeing as the writing club that I am the president of has a budget of 250$ I think that if I got the same budget we could probably get enough books for the club. Also I don't supose anybody knows of a good place to get eye patches? I was thinking of a party store might have some cheap plastic ones for the little gift for coming for the first meeting. Also the friday after spring break next week I'm wondering where I can get other pirate wear as I want to get a few of my friends to dress up like a pirate as well. I don't have to worry about changing for Gym or anything because we take notes on friday so it can be as complex to get on as it needs to be... just within a reasonable price range.
I wAnT tO bElIeVe
Runningblind
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sinoda on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:10 pm

My suggestion to you would be convert as many Pastafarians as possible this year, keep in touch with them over the summer, and next year start your club. By the way, where do you live? I want to do the same thing at my school, but 90% of the kids are Catholic...
What to put here....
Sinoda
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:55 pm

he said the and of bill gates, but I don't know where that is :roll:

remember to tell everyone that if they wear the eyepatch for one day, they should wear it on the other eye the next day. or switch eyes halfway through the day. you don't want to strain an eye more than the other.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Tickle on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:58 pm

Or get an eye patch for each eye to even it out a bit. That should prevent anyone from not being able to see properly.
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne
Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Runningblind on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:57 pm

The land of bill gates would be Washington :) . Hence why one of the backgrounds that comes with XP is a mountain. Also one of my friends at school is also an FSM kinda guy. So our school being total and complete newage has everything in the library you could hope for. And this includes rentable cameras from the library. So my friend and I are going to first get the permission from our school princaple and then we are going to record a video of the two of us putting FSM fliers all around the school. And of course at the end we will have a gladiator noodle fight to honor the noodly one. This will also be taken on a friday while wearing pirate gear. :fsm_ninja:
I wAnT tO bElIeVe
Runningblind
Conchigliette Convert

Postby angelsou on Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm

I'm not sure if you've read the book, but I would avoid its purchase for the english club. You should get a copy - I pretend Dave Barry wrote it - but I think once you read it you'll see that you're better off with eyepatches and fruity shirts at school.
angelsou
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: Religion being taught in my school but not the FSM?

Postby sidinvictus on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:59 pm

To get the adults to go along with it I don't think going from the pirate angle right off the bat is the best idea. First get the club established as free thinking club then bring the crew in. It is much harder to get disbanded after being formed. I so think that high school's need FSM clubs and IPU clubs. I heard about the first summer camp for this kinda stuff and was sooo happy. Fight the good fight. ARRRRGGGHH!
I am master of my fate.
I am captain of my soul.

Question everything!!!
sidinvictus
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Religion being taught in my school but not the FSM?

Postby Dudeman55556 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm

sidinvictus wrote:To get the adults to go along with it I don't think going from the pirate angle right off the bat is the best idea. First get the club established as free thinking club then bring the crew in. It is much harder to get disbanded after being formed. I so think that high school's need FSM clubs and IPU clubs. I heard about the first summer camp for this kinda stuff and was sooo happy. Fight the good fight. ARRRRGGGHH!

Um... You do realize that that was in 2006? So your advice is a little belated.
"I would think the power of christ would at least come with a built-in spellchecker."
-Travis Waldera
Dudeman55556
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Return to The Cause