"GENESIS"/HISTORY

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

"GENESIS"/HISTORY

Postby Solipsy on Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:42 am

Please see the 2nd announcement re: Loose Canon content, in order to understand what types of writing will be included here.... A history of the development of Pasta or all things noodly... the symbolic signifigance of differing pasta shapes over time and in different cultures... The lineage of our Prophet Bobby (made up to trace back to Marco Polo, who brought pasta to Europe, perhaps?) The origin of meatballs and what other kinds of balls might have been used/included throughout history... Also, other historical stories... THEY have THEIR great floods and people being swallowed by whales... I'm sure we can do better than that hockum! Have at it, my Home-Noodles. Anything goes. Just plain invent it. Make it up, make it silly, make as little or as much sense as ya please.

Yours in sauce,
Solipsy
:worship: :fsm_smile:
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 pm

so this'd inclue creation of the world?
if so, I have a summed and slightly modified version of what I've read on the Forums in LORE.

~Qwertyuiopasd
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:28 pm

The bible has two separate Genesis accounts at the beginning, and a re-creation account after the great flood. We can use lots of them, the way I figure it, as long as they mostly mesh together, and as long as they aren't blatantly false in terms of what's been established; we know
the FSM created all that is, and the stuff about mountains, trees, and a midgit. How it happened in terms of the order, the length of time, the reasons, etc...

All up for grabs... it's scripture. I've read scripture. (the Bible c2c) It really makes very little sense.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:28 pm

don't know what we could do instead of a flood...

but i know a summed version of the creation

FSM is bored, creates universe an spesifically the Earth (why earth is so diverse and other planets BLAND and DISSTASTEFUL)
he makes ocean, and then mountains and trees, but is lonely, thus he creates Mr. Moon to chat with. then out of the ocean he creates pesto and the first pirate. he also sneezes and acciently creates the serpent atkins out of the sea and his snot. then goes pesto manifesto (which i still haven't read yet XD)
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:44 pm

Dr Batsen D Belfry writes:

In the beginning, the universe was boiling water and powdered grain and egg and cylinders of wood. And His Noodliness gathered the powdered grain and egg and mixed and kneaded them with His blessed appendages and saw that it was good. And He took the cylinder of wood and He rolled His creation until it was flat, and He saw that it was good. And He cut his creation into thin ribbons and saw that it was good. And His Noodliness took the thin ribbons and placed them gently into the boiling water. And He waited until his creation became limp in His blessed appendages and saw that it was good and as He poured his creation through the Colander of Goodness, He named His creation Spaghetti.

And there was day, and there was night, and there was the first meal.

And over the generations, His creation multiplied and prospered and took different forms of His divine image. Spaghetti begat Linguini and Fettucini and Angelhair and Spaghettini. And Radiatori and Rotini sprang forth from the boiling waters, and Ravioli and Bowtie, and His Noodliness saw them and blessed them with His appendages.

Dr Batsen D Belfry
If you have further additions or edits please add them in a separate post in this thread, and I will tie them together. Thanks!
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Pirate Reggie on Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:26 am

ill just scrap this then.
Pirate Reggie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:25 pm

And so it came to pass that the copying and the pasting of the posting of the writing, as it did appear thus far in this thread, was done. And the FSM looked down, and His Great Noodly Appendages did quiver with saucy delight. And he did proclaimeth: "Cool. So Far, So Good." Thus spake Our Lord in Marinara.

It was proclaimed throughout that Boards of His Holy Discussion that the Divinely Inspired Writing should not cease, but rather should continue, for to Him, it is most pleasing. And yea, His humble galleyscribe Solipsy did toss and turn upon the seas of the keyboard at all unreasonable hours, and did gather the writings of the inspired, and did organize them and nit-pick them, but not without permission, and did seek to credit them, and will be in touch with the writers of them if any questions ariseth, and doth encourage said writers for to do the same.

Thus did the proclamation end, but the writing shouldn't.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Re: .......

Postby Father Jerome on Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:15 am

[quote="Solipsy"]And so it came to pass that the copying and the pasting of the posting of the writing, as it did appear thus far in this thread, was done. And the FSM looked down, and His Great Noodly Appendages did quiver with saucy delight. And he did proclaimeth: "Cool. So Far, So Good." Thus spake Our Lord in Marinara.......

deleted
Father Jerome
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Solipsy on Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:27 am

ROFLMAO!!!

I cannot wait to take this to the Council of Olive Garden! Maybe they'll put down their glazed donuts long enough to laugh for a change instead of all the deliberating, voting, yea-ing, nay-ing, thus-ing, this-ing, that-ing... They could use to yank the sticks outta their heinies...

Uh-oh. No creme-filled, chocolate frosted donut for me, I think, and I'm probably in for another flogging, too. *sigh* Oh, well. That was worth it, dude.

(those statements I put in don't mean a thread has ended, they just mean I've scribed to that point so far...)
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Re: ........

Postby Father Jerome on Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:02 pm

Solipsy wrote:ROFLMAO!!!

I cannot wait to take this to the Council of Olive Garden! Maybe they'll put down their glazed donuts long enough to laugh...)

deleted
Father Jerome
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Solipsy on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:30 pm

Thanks for the martyr-nod. We already have our first martyr-of-the-faith, IchibanHashi. You can find his heroic account under Testamonials. Me? I'll just get one less donut, a few whomps with a flail, and carpal-tunnel syndrome. ;) Hardly the makings of Heroic Martyrdom. :)
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:43 pm

but... no doughnuts?

i mean, come on.

a life without doughnuts is a life without life

hey, i made a proverb! go me

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:29 pm

And so it came to pass that the copying and the pasting of the posting of the writing, as it did appear thus far in this thread, was done. And the FSM looked down, and His Great Noodly Appendages did quiver with saucy delight. And he did proclaimeth: "Cool. So Far, So Good." Thus spake Our Lord in Marinara.

It was proclaimed throughout that Boards of His Holy Discussion that the Divinely Inspired Writing should not cease, but rather should continue, for to Him, it is most pleasing. And yea, His humble galleyscribe Solipsy did toss and turn upon the seas of the keyboard at all unreasonable hours, and did gather the writings of the inspired, and did organize them and nit-pick them, but not without permission, and did seek to credit them, and will be in touch with the writers of them if any questions ariseth, and doth encourage said writers for to do the same.

Thus did the proclamation end, but the writing shouldn't.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Re: ..............

Postby Father Jerome on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:59 am

A SONG OF OREGANO in praise of FSM :worship: moved over to psalms
Father Jerome
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Solipsy on Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:24 pm

Yes, Father Jerome, this is in fact a Pastalm. If you wouldn't mind copy-pasting over to that thread, I'd be most greatful. (It's also very funny.) You should peruse the content ideas behind the various other threads. I think you'd enjoy some of the LAW I've written. I believe you'd have a gift for adding to it.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Next

Return to Locked Posts