Is There A "Devil" In Pastafarianism?

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Is There A "Devil" In Pastafarianism?

Postby Redcell on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:57 am

Does the Flying Spaghetti Monster have a counterpart that has the opposite values of the noodly appendaged one?
Redcell
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Rasti on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:24 am

I have this sudden feeling of deja vu ;)

They say that society is getting smarter, your thoughts Lady D? ;)
'We must Dissent', for the noodles ;)
A Validus Noodle , Pro valde Pax
Rasti
Farfalle First Mate

Location: Florida: Manipulating Hurricanes in his Noodley Name ;)

Postby Hogarth on Mon May 08, 2006 10:20 am

Auntie Dee Dee wrote:Men refuse to RTFM.

It's genetic.

I thought such sexist prejudice was a no-no here. You disappoint me auntie.

Hogarth
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sir Francis Drake on Mon May 08, 2006 11:00 am

I thought that she rather tempered it by saying "so do some women".

Anyway, what she was saying was not an ugly thing. I hope you were not offended.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau
Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby The Meromorph on Mon May 08, 2006 11:26 am

Accurate observation is rarely characterized as prejudice. Personally, I am renowned in my own small circle for reading the instructions before I even take the actual things out of their boxes, and I know several other men who act similarly.
Nevertheless, I agree. Men don't read the instructions...
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.
The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby Hogarth on Mon May 08, 2006 11:49 am

Meromorph, your leading comment disproves your final comment. Your post was non-sensical.

I believe what you meant was 'many men/most men/a lot of men don't read the instructions'.

The fact of the matter is that such stereotyping and gerneralizations can be harmful. If you still don't understand I suggest you read this article.
http://www.understandingprejudice.org/apa/english/
Hogarth
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Al Dante on Mon May 08, 2006 1:36 pm

Ah, yes, I can see the harm that the popular prejudicial idea that "men don't read the manual" has done: few men ever getting hired in technical professions (where manual-reading skills are essential), few men in the military (since operating complex weapon systems without reading the manual is downright dangerous), men being systematically rejected from positions in higher education, medicine, science, finance, law, information technology, engineering, and higher levels of corporate management all because of the mistaken notion that they won't read manuals. That's why women unfairly dominate all of those fields.

Oh, wait. No they don't.

Perhaps, Hogarth, you'd like to explain the harm that this particular generalization has caused. 'Cause I'm not seeing it.

On the other hand, scolding a moderator with your second post to a forum -- that, in my experience, can cause all kinds of harm. Wait and see.

Or lighten up just a little. Here's the problem with your reasoning:

I believe what you meant was 'many men/most men/a lot of men don't read the instructions'.

If you understood what Auntie and The Meromorph meant (which was pretty obvious, after all), and what was meant is not offensive, then there's no problem. Unless you're suggesting that although you understood what they meant, other readers will not, because they're not as smart as you. Is that what you're suggesting?

- sensicAL
Al Dante
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon May 08, 2006 4:28 pm

ooooooowned!

and DD, I'm pretty sure if we get access, we can set up a thing where you must read the FAQ, and a little disclaimer type thing that says "by clicking yes, you are saying that you have read everything on this FAQ and you have no problem being temporarily banned for asking them" or something to that effect. or have it say that, then the user must type it word for word so that they have agreed to that, instead of just clicking yes.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby alexrose on Mon May 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Maybe I'm just being nosy...but who exactly is this Hogarth/VforVenganza/Edward character? A lot of talk seems to be centred around him lately.
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 08, 2006 7:47 pm

Someone who felt that a haughty attitude and accusations of libel directed towards the staff here were an effective way to get his viewpoint across. He must be a masochist, since he keeps trying to sign up under different user names to expose our libel and aggression.

Tons of fun.
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby alexrose on Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 pm

Thanks. I thought it must be something like that.

Tons of fun.

You sounds pretty sadistic yourself there. Good match?
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Mon May 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Heh, I swear to Hell I was nice to him.

I'm known as the Lesser of Two Evils, but I have to work hard at it to even be comparable to Dee Dee. :mrgreen:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby alexrose on Mon May 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Good to know. Rudeness, meanness, backwards logic, proxies etc. all bad.

Seems like he went through a bit a trouble to prove him. Sounds pretty pathetic to me...
alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby Hogarth on Mon May 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Sorry for the delay, but I have been terribly busy today. So I am someonbe named Edward eh? And The Bank operates proxy servers now do they? I'll give you one thing you are amusing.

I have to get back to some serious work now but I'll be back later! ;-)
Hogarth
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Mon May 08, 2006 10:49 pm

awww... he called our bluff.

but we weren't bluffing.

erm... this must be awkard for hogarth... :D
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Next

Return to Locked Posts