Cast Your Vote for the FSM!!

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Cast Your Vote for the FSM!!

Postby Dr. Otis Lansa on Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:49 pm

Chris Schluep wrote:(T)he Gospel of the FSM has been nominated for a Quill Award (in the humor category, not the religious one-- Oh well). It would be a fairly big deal if we could orchestrate a win for Bobby and the Noodly One.

Go to www.quillsvote.com to cast a vote for the FSM. And make all your friends vote. The awards ceremony will be on tv, and maybe we can get Bobby to accept the award (it's black tie).

Get on it, people!

Side Note: Chris is editor of the GotFSM, a forum member, and all around good guy.

:worship: :fsm:
Dr. Otis Lansa
Mystic of Meatball

Postby Duke on Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:50 pm

What I don't understand is why it's been put in the "Humor" section as opposed to "Religion and Philosophy". They may have made a mistake, we should contact MSN. :D

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Y'aaaaaaarrdvark on Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:50 pm

Yeah, I found my Gospel in the Humour section of my bookshop :x
When wearing an eyepatch, always remember may be closer or farther away than they appear.
Y'aaaaaaarrdvark
Ziti Zealot

Postby Duke on Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:26 pm

These people simply do not understand. We must educate them with the word of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Ramen.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Duke on Thu May 10, 2007 2:40 pm

May the moderators come soon and kick your...scrin out the back door. :)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby muffinmonkey on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:14 am

I say "whenever we find the Noodly Book in the humour section we must move them all to the Religion section for the sake of all that is Noodly"

but

why has He not moved them with his noodly appendage
maybe He wants to be in the Humour section

:fsm_float:
This post brought to you by His Noodly Appendage
muffinmonkey
Conchigliette Convert

readers

Postby black bart on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:16 am

He, in his all seeing noodliness, is just waiting to see which section gets the most readership.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby Robbobrob on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Rather find my religion in the humor section than my humor in the religion section.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby black bart on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37 am

But there is much humour in religion. For example:

One day, after a near eternity in the Garden of Eden, Adam calls out to God.

"Lord, I have a problem."

"What's the problem, Adam?", God replies.

"Lord, I know You created me and have provided for me and surrounded me with this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, but I'm just not happy."

"Why is that, Adam?", comes the reply from the heavens.

"Lord, I know You created this place for me, with all this lovely food and all of the beautiful animals, but I am lonely."

"Well Adam, in that case I have the perfect solution. I shall create a woman for you."

"What's a 'woman', Lord?"

"This woman will be the most intelligent, sensitive, caring, and beautiful creature I have ever created. She will be so intelligent that she can figure out what you want before you want it. She will be so sensitive and caring that she will know your every mood and how to make you happy. Her beauty will rival that of the heavens and earth. She will unquestioningly care for your every need and desire. She will be the perfect companion for you," replies the heavenly voice.

"Sounds great."

"She will be, but this is going to cost you, Adam."

"How much will this 'woman' cost me Lord?", Adam replies.

"She'll cost you an arm and a leg."

Adam ponders this for some time, with a look of deep thought and concern on his face. Finally Adam says to God, "Ehhh, what can I get for a rib?"
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.
black bart
Resident Weevil

Re:

Postby Pan on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:43 pm

muffinmonkey wrote:I say "whenever we find the Noodly Book in the humour section we must move them all to the Religion section for the sake of all that is Noodly"

but

why has He not moved them with his noodly appendage
maybe He wants to be in the Humour section

:fsm_float:

Mabe he hasn't moved them as a test of our faith, much like the way he created evience for the theory of evolution to do the same...
Pan
Ziti Zealot

Re: Cast Your Vote for the FSM!!

Postby DarkShark29 on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:27 am

Mabe he hasn't moved them as a test of our faith, much like the way he created evience for the theory of evolution to do the same...

Good thinking. I say we move them.
But perhaps not... Maybe He just messed with the heads of the people who give out the awards as a joke. And maybe if we move the books, He will smite us with His Noodly Appendage.
But I'm really just musing, and rather pessimistically. He probably is testing our faith. I'll move the Gospels whenever I see them:D
DarkShark29
Ziti Zealot

Postby sedonasteve on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 pm

I have an easier and more appropriate solution for everyones bookshop dilemma. Simply move the signs, not the books. Put the "fiction" sign over or in front of the "religion" section and leave the humor section as is. :D
sedonasteve
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Putanesca on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:48 am

I Putanesca, His one true prophet etc. etc. (Black Olive unofficial separatist wing) have communed with His Noodleness on this very subject and thus do I speak on His behalf.

“Place My works on all shelves, for do not My words encompass all that is upon your world. Religion, Science, Cookery, Humour, Philosophy, Non-fiction, Sex and Graphic Design. But place them not upon a shelf named Fiction, unless it’s by a false prophet for I say unto ye all, none of this is made up, honest.”
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.
Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Rosie on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:42 am

Perhaps, in his Noodly wisdom, he knew more people would browse the humor section. Therefore, His word could be spread to more people.
He is indeed all-knowing!
Rosie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby OckhamsRazor on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:39 am

Move the books. Put it in the Bible section. I do it with the Boomer Bible all the time.
OckhamsRazor
Conchigliette Convert

Next

Return to All Things FSM