Fun Stuff to Do When You're Bored

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Fun Stuff to Do When You're Bored

Postby ken worley on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Cut down the largest tree in your yard/garden...Count the rings to see how old it was.

Do the same thing with your grandparents.

Make a shiny pinwheel, and skip around with it in front of an army barracks, wearing nothing but a pair of ruby slippers and a pink tutu...(This one for boys only)..

For the girls, try to write your name in the snow.(also in front of an army barracks)...
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Okay, how about..

Close your eyes and imagine ten housecats harmonizing an ornate
a-capella arrangement of Scarborough Fair
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:57 pm

Sneak onto a stranger's front lawn in broad daylight, lie down, and wait.

Eventually, someone will look out the window and see you...This may take up to four hours...(more during football season)
Be patient.
When they come out, remain completely motionless, suppress your breathing, and don't let your glazed-open eyes blink...(for added effect, psychically will a fly to land on your face and crawl across your unblinking eyeball.)
(if you can)
(If you can't, will it to crawl across your cheek instead.)

Do not respond to the homeowner,no matter how loudly they try to rouse you, and if they shake or prod you with a stick, just stay limp and "deadish"...

Eventually, they will phone the police..

Wait till the police car pulls up, and the officer(s) get out of the car and approach you.

When they are about 6 feet from you, suddenly spring from the ground, sprint at top speed across the lawn, hop a fence like a rabbit, and disappear into the woods...
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:55 pm

oh I got one:

think of things to post in this thread.

~Qwerty

(am I genius or what?)
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby SpaghettiSawUs on Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:56 pm

Create threads on message boards to get people thinking of things to do when they're bored.

Try to smell the blueness of the sky.

Announce to your friends that you're pregnant, seriously, even though you are a man, tell them you will be on TV's <choose apt TV show> next month on hermaphrodites.

Invent numerous false histories of yourself then pass them off to people you meet... ("I used to be a taxi driver in new york" etc...) My dad does this on public transport: he'll get talking to some old woman who will no-doubt be itching to tell him about her lumbago/hernia/bowels. First off he gives his age as 89 (he's actually 69) and they'll tell him how good he looks for his age. Then he'll go on to explain how aloe vera and homeopathy have kept him so healthy and young looking. Then he tells them about his previous 2 wives dying very soon after getting married, the first from eating poisonous mushrooms, the second from a fall down the stairs (punch line: "It was her own fault, she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!" - though by this time they've suspended all disbelief and completely miss the joke). Occasionally he'll bump into one for a second time and they'll gladly tell him how, since they followed his advice and now take a daily dose of homeopthic remedy X, they no longer suffer with their lumbago/hernia/bowels. He says it makes the bus journey fun and quite often lights up someone's day who was previously weighed down by their own misfortunes. And of course, a placebo cure is as good as any other.

My favourite thing I do when I'm bored at the moment: pretend I'm working but really be browsing venganza forums :roll: answering questions on what to do when I'm bored.
FSM: Welcome HIM as your Lord and Savour!
SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby ken worley on Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:40 pm

Go to the grocery when it is very busy.
Put less than a dollar's worth of change into the coinstar machine, and take the receipt for payment through the checkout line.
See if the cashier is sharp enough to realize the irony.
ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Duke on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:48 am

Write a poem. Read a poem. Sing a poem. Memorize a poem. Recite a poem. Start a poetry reading club.

Wait, how bored do we mean here? :roll:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:08 am

read hamlet? I ned to do that...

hey Duke, check out the Whatchooo Reading THread if you haven't recently.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:15 pm

Oh, I ought to. Thanks for the heads up. If you're bored, try speaking in Shakespearean dialect for as long as you can, and see how far you get. Forsooth!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:37 pm

O, indeed, 'tis the greatest of dialects.

oh, that was even iambic pentameter. what now!!!!!

or you could play The Ship (my new video game addiction.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:21 pm

Memorize a Ray Charles song.

I know I did... :D

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:41 pm

learn a piano piece.

I did.

and a few guitar riffs.... (on piano)

:D

~Qwerty

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Duke on Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:59 pm

Learn to beatbox like nuthin' othah!

I did. 8)

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Postby ken worley on Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:32 am

If you are going somewhere you have never been as a group, dress exactly like Black Sabbath on the coverof the Sabotage album.
The key, of course, is to act as though there is nothing unusual...

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby Duke on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:40 am

Does that mean my buddies and I have to grow out our hair and get mustaches? Aww...

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen
Duke

Next

Return to Games, Fun, and Jokes