NOT COMMANDMENTS, SUGGESTIONS

Posts that are locked but open for perusal.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

NOT COMMANDMENTS, SUGGESTIONS

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:26 pm

Two things to keep in mind: OUR RELIGION IS WAY BETTER, and WE HAVE FLIMSY MORAL STANDARDS.

On that note, we don't have COMMANDMENTS, we have SUGGESTIONS. We don't have ten, we have as many or as few as we decide we like. By we, I mean all of us, you, me, the Council of Olive Garden, The Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let's all toss them out for consideration.

Here are the "gimme's"

"Ye ought not do stuff ye already know is wrong, like killing, lying, cheating, stealing, etc. Do ye really need these carved into a rock?"

"Judge not, for verily it be not thine job neither most likely to be thine business."

"Be kind unto others whether they are kind unto you or not, for it maketh you the better person in most situations, and occasionally it doth piss off an idiot, which is funny unto Your Lord the Sauced One."

What's next?
This space for rent,
Solipsy

"The Go-To Scribe for all Texts Canonical"
Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby verbtea on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:56 pm

I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You shall have no other monsters before me. (Afterwards is OK; just use protection.)
Think of the pastabilities...
verbtea
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:12 pm

ROFL.... being a nitpicky scribe, however, I'm gonna capitalize "monster"
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby verbtea on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:24 pm

Don't you dare! The only Monster who deserves capitalization is Him! Other monsters are false monsters, undeserving of capitalization. :fsm_worried:
Think of the pastabilities...
verbtea
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:35 pm

okay, okay, point taken.... ::: takes out flail, begins to flagellate self ::: begins to chant "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" over and over again.....
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Sic on Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Ye shalt make no graven pasta.

Ye shall throw waffles at thy neighbor's kittens.

:fsm_angry: :fsm_worried:
The love of one is Barbarism--For it is exercised at the expense of all Others.

-------Friederich Nitzsche, Jinseits Von Gut Und Bose (Beyond Good and Evil)
Sic
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Solipsy on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:43 pm

Verbtea, I'm just wonderin'.... and I'll keep my flail handy, cause I see you get a tad testy once in a while... if we could incorporate your SUGGESTION with its follow-up, to whit:

"I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You shall have no other monsters before Me. (Afterwards is OK; just use protection.) The only Monster who deserves capitalization is Me! Other monsters are false monsters, undeserving of capitalization."

::::cowers:::: ::::prepares to flagellate and grovel::::

::::mutters to self "this scribe gig is NOT worth the constant self-flagellation"::::
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:16 pm

and the Monster spoketh.

"hey, try not to buy too much useless crap, K?"

and it was proclaimed.

i just got the best idea ever. i was thinking of usesless crap, like 95 inch Plasma TV's,

so why not make a radio in the image of his noodlyness? the meatballs would be the speakers, and a noodly appendage would be the antenna. you could twist his eyes for tuning and volume. twould be perfect. if we found someone stupid enough to manufacture it.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Pirate Reggie on Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:38 pm

"Tho shalt not sleep with thine neighbors wife specialy if thot art married. Of course unless thou neighbors wife's husbands is like a complete jerk and tho knoweth that you couldth take himith toith the cleaners anyday ofith the weekith and if tho wife is like totaly cool with it."

ramen
Pirate Reggie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Qwertyuiopasd on Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:57 pm

Pirate Reggie wrote:"Tho shalt not sleep with thine neighbors wife specialy if thot art married. Of course unless thou neighbors wife's husbands is like a complete jerk and tho knoweth that you couldth take himith toith the cleaners anyday ofith the weekith and if tho wife is like totaly cool with it."

ramen

and especially if thou neighbors wife is friggin hot.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.
Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Solipsy on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:04 am

likin' the "Thou shall try not to buy too much useless crap" one... Qwerty, you get a LOT of random ideas like Spaghetti Monster radios... do you experience racing thoughts? If these racing thoughts are accompanied by disembodied voices which speak to you, you might want to talk to a doctor ;).

As for the "multi-conditional adultery suggestion..." I think that falls under the "Judge not, for verily it be not thine job neither most likely to be thine business." and also the "Ye ought not do stuff ye already know is wrong, like killing, lying, cheating, stealing, etc. Do ye really need these carved into a rock?" suggestion in the Flimsy Moral Standards Random Number of Suggestions.

Translation: People with a conscience know what hurts others. If they choose to do it anyway, they should suffer the consequences, and the people who aren't involved should keep their noses out of it. (Except in cases like murder, theft, etc, where people who break laws need to be caught, stopped, and suitably dealt with.)
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Postby teripie on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:10 pm

Can we plunder a lot of useless crap?
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig
teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby The Chaplain on Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:47 pm

Be it suggested unto thou that thou takest thy Noodly Master with a chianti to accentuate your worship therof
"Add 1/3 cup of red wine and mix well" - Book of Recipe 3:20
The Chaplain
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Chaplain on Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:07 pm

never once was the word eat used, and specifically because of the non-transubstantial belief.

the idea is based on these being "suggestions" and if you look it up the "suggested" wine to accompany the most holy of dishes is a chianti.
"Add 1/3 cup of red wine and mix well" - Book of Recipe 3:20
The Chaplain
Ziti Zealot

Postby Solipsy on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:18 pm

The Wise Council of Olive Garden has approved the following Suggestions to Date:

I. "I am the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You shall have no other monsters before Me. (Afterwards is OK; just use protection.) The only Monster who deserves capitalization is Me! Other monsters are false monsters, undeserving of capitalization."

II. "Ye ought not do stuff ye already know is wrong, like killing, lying, cheating, stealing, etc. Do ye really need these carved into a rock?"

III. "Judge not, for verily it be not thine job neither most likely to be thine business."

IV. "Hey, try not to buy too much useless crap, OK?"

V. "Be kind unto others whether they are kind unto you or not, for it maketh you the better person in most situations, and occasionally it doth piss off an idiot, which is funny unto Your Lord the Sauced One."

The Council of Olive Garden has thus decreed that These Five Suggestions are Thus Far Accepted and Shall Be Considered Among the Canon though there is plenty of room for more, and thus it shall be so. Topic Decided.
This space for rent,
Solipsy

Solipsy
Holy Scribe

Next

Return to Locked Posts