Downloading the book

Caution! Spoilers abound! If you have not read the book, enter at your own peril.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Downloading the book

Postby Teapot on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:19 am

Can anyone help me out? I'm here in a 3rd world country and I can't find the book (not surprised).

Can anyone give a link/email attachment to the book?
Teapot
Conchigliette Convert

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:14 am

Tsk, tsk. That would be copyright infringement now, wouldn't it? How would Bobby ever manage to save up for a pirate ship if he gave the book away for free?

Tell you what, just between you and me, I actually do know of a place you can get it, but don't tell anyone I told you. Seriously, I may get into really deep doodoo if they found out I spread the word that you could get it on the internet.

Try here.

But don't tell Bobby I let you in on it. He may well strap me to the yard arm & give me 50 lashes.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Scurvy Dogs

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby blackeyedbutch on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34 am

what 3rd world country is it?

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS
blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby The Buttery Lobster on Tue May 01, 2007 8:26 pm

I, too, can not have access to the book, and require someone to send it to me without me giving people what they are due. For you see, I am actually the son of a powerful politician in my homeland, a politician in the oppressed opposing party of our current military leaders who repress all other religion. I am actually from the now exiled Royal Family, which makes me a prince. If you could send me several hundred copies of the book, my Nigerian allies will quickly distribute them amongst our people and spread the word of FSM, collecting enough donations to pay you back, and then some.

So please, give to me many many copies of the gostpels, becuase I am Nigerian Royalty.
As of 5/2, new to Pastafarianism, I may be a convert.
The Buttery Lobster
Conchigliette Convert

Postby St John the Blasphemist on Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am

Hey, Butterfly Lobster--you're the guy who's been sending me all those emails. This is the first time you haven't asked for my bank account number!!

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Extradition

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby Avatar of Nothing on Wed May 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Doesn't his noodlyness encourage pirating? Why would a book be different? especially pirating his holy words.
I, in fact, have no relation to Avatar of Reason. My name developed several years ago on its own.
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Buttery Lobster on Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm trying to debate this very issue in the pirates thread. No one there is taking it seriously.
As of 5/2, new to Pastafarianism, I may be a convert.
The Buttery Lobster
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Duke on Sat May 05, 2007 10:32 pm

The Buttery Lobster wrote:I'm trying to debate this very issue in the pirates thread. No one there is taking it seriously.

Wow, I can't imagine why.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen
Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Anteater on Sat May 19, 2007 5:20 pm

well, in the gospel Bobby clearly states that the modern day copyright breaching pirates do not display the proper spirit of a pirate, and thus do not count.
Anteater
Conchigliette Convert

open philosophy

Postby pastapesto on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:40 pm

I also would like to download the book in pdf- or another format.

A good religion to hold on to like this one, should be available for everyone. I understaand the need for money for some actions, and that merchandise is sold to achieve this goal is perfect by me (like in christian churches they sell candles to light them up, and monks make cheese and beers here in belgium to support their living)

But the words of the prophet should be spread, not sold.

Afterwards, when the words has been spread, maybe i'll think about buying this nice looking book.
pastafarian enthousiast
pastapesto
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Calena on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:56 pm

To my astonishment The Gospel is also available in German. Great, now I have to order it in English and German (while this is certainly good for my further enlightenment it's not so good for my bank account).
German because I have a colleague who is really "spiritual" and really really does believe in Angels. Also she is worried about my dark, godless soul and lends me her "Angels exist, Angels love you, Angels guide you if you let them" - books on a regular basis (and beeing nice and curious as I am, I actually do read most of them. Often they are quite a good laugh. Half of the ideas of some mighty good-willed creatures are stolen from fantasy books, though)
When I got The Gospel and Dawkins God Delusion which comes out in September in German I am going to force her to read them both. (And if I have to resort to moral blackmailing (I read your books so now you have to read mine), then by FSM, I will!
Ambrose Biercedefines the verb "to pray": "to ask that the laws of the universe be anulled in behalf of a single petitioner, confessedly unworthy"
http://www.fecundity.com/pmagnus/greedo.html
Calena
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Lazor on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 am

I wish I could get it in PDF format or something. My parents won't be happy if I ask them to order this book for me. I have to sneak around, and it makes me feel guilty, because that is what a ninja does. :cry:
Lazor
Ziti Zealot

Re: Downloading the book

Postby lari on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm also from a 3rd world country, and I would spend lots of money to order a Gospel, and besides, my mom won't let me and I'm underage...
I don't know anyone who is living in another country.
Brazilian Pastafarian :D
lari
Ziti Zealot

Missing Pokemon Figures, Help!!

Postby xiaofan on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 pm

I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm :shellfish:

Any ideas please post and let me know :)
:worship: :cry: :fsm_float:
xiaofan
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Missing Pokemon Figures, Help!!

Postby Zankou 2.0 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 pm

xiaofan wrote:I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website http://www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm :shellfish:

Any ideas please post and let me know :)
:worship: :cry: :fsm_float:

You suck!
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Next

Return to Gospel of FSM Book Discussion